Warding Off Unwanted Attention

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by jneanz • Oct 27, 2015.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Okay. First it was the person half my age (which I should have pursued), then it was a corrupt cop (now on the run), then my ex....now I've got two kinds of crazy on my back.
    One person in my media class has been sending me weird but subtle signals. I just ignored them until last night when SHE forced me to walk by her in a tight space while I was trying to get back to my seat. Got nothing against the gay community but I'm happily hetero.
    Then over the weekend, a young man paid me a compliment while getting a bite to eat. I'd been functioning on 4 hours sleep and out and about for more than 8 hours without a real meal when they asked me for my number. I told them I'd had a long day but gave them my cell #. They called the next day and conversation was okay but he's just not my type.
    So today I get a long text message from him saying something to the effect of hope I didn't "forget" about him, how I should be his queen, and talking again tonight.
    Yeah....koo koo doesn't even begin to describe...so I'm planning to ignore him.

Have you ever had a crazy person in your life?

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    Haha! Seems you're attracting a lot of that lately. I like your idea of just ignoring it. That's a little overboardon their part. They shouldn't be so forward about their attraction like that. And for someone to call you queen is lame lol. I've had that before and it's just weird. I used to attract all the crazies when I was younger, but now I'm happily married and don't get it. People are very open like that these days, it's crazy. Not even shy about it at all. They're just out with it. I feel bad for you though that you have to be in the same class with that person. If she keeps dropping hints, just ignore and act uninterested and she'll move on. She'll hopefully get the hint!

3. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    That's what I thought when I turned 40...that the crazies would either be committed or not interested in someone with life experience. Since this post, I got another text msg begging me to give him a call since I did not pick up earlier. I'm beginning to think my ex put a hex on me.

4. cheryllei9h

cheryllei9hNew Member

Threads:
    I just keep to myself a lot so no one really bothers me or gives me attention. If they do, they rarely say anything. I'm just shy and awkward so I guess that keeps people at a distance People will sometimes sends messages online. I ignore a good bit of them, unless they seem genuine and like a nice person.