Washing the hair: at home or not?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Apr 22, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A considerable amount of women love to wash their hair in the hairdresser. Some just wash it at the hairdresser (strange, do they do it just once a week??) and this is a considerable expense. If you're a women, what's your category? As a man, how do you see this?

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    People actually just go to the hairdresser to wash their hair? I've never seen this, honestly. I have seen women get their hair washed before or after a haircut, but not on a routine basis.

3. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with this.

There is no way that i could pay a hairdresser to wash my hair every time. Simply because i watch it everyday. Paying a hairdresser to do that would be impossible. I always do it on my own. I never go yo hairdresser for that. I think it is a waste of money.

I choose to buy my own Shampoo, and conditioner, and handle it myself. It is not that big of a deal. It is not like they are going to wash my hair any better than i can anyway.

4. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    What?! I don't think anyone does that unless they are beyonce are kate middleton! And I doubt they even get their hair dresser to wash it every time.

5. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    This seems crazy! And it's not because I'm cheap or anything, such a service seems useless to me. Personally, I don't know anyone that payed to have their hair washed. Sure, it may happen after a hair cut, but that's it. Why spend money on something you're perfectly fine doing in your own house? Still, if there's a need someone has to fill it. I guess that people do wash their hair at the hairdresser :eek:

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah are people so stupid that they don't know how to take care of their own hair? I don't wash mine everyday (I think you can actually wash your hair too much) but I do wash it twice a week so it would still be expensive. If they're doing it because they're lazy then that wouldn't make sense because it would take longer since there are probably always other customers getting attended to.

7. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I'd love to know where that information came from.

I have never met anyone who would rather take the time to go to the hairdresser and let them take care of their basic hygiene for them. On the rare occasion that I have had someone cut my hair, I always dreaded the pre-cut wash. I don't know why,it just makes me uncomfortable.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You probably dread it mainly because of the fact they make you sit back. It's very uncomfortable for your neck. It may also be because you're in a public place and sometimes they do washing in the middle of the salon.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the women should wash their hair at home more often, that's just it. I know that most of them do it, especially younger women, but older people with their long years colored hairs only wash it in the salons, I know quite a few people like that.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Agreed. While most people do wash their hair at home, I know some women who regularly get their hair done at the salon because of the texture of their hair. Ethnic hair can be quite frustrating to deal with at home, so many women may have it treated at salons instead.

11. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I seriously doubt anyone does this. That just isn't time- or cost-effective. I think the majority of people wash at home. Sure, a salon wash is nice, but it really opens for me when I go to get a haircut anyway.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only ever wash my hair at the hairdresser when I'm cutting it, which is roughly every 4 to 5 months. I cannot believe there are women that go to a salon only to get their hair washed! It seems to me like a waste of time and money when you can do it at home and style it as you like it. some women my plane might claim they don't know how to style there hair but if you don't start practicing you'll never learn. I love curling my hair and there is nobody even at the salon that knows how to curl the way I like it. So I prefer to do everything at home aside from cutting and coloring.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OK, maybe I expressed my view wrongly, they don't go to the saloon just to wash it, they wash and paint and do whatever women do lol, the point is they can do that once a week and wash the hair at home just once in between or even never, it's odd for me.