Watch Shopping

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Miaka_M • Oct 16, 2013.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I need some help purchasing a watch for someone. I've never actually shopped for a male watch before and I need some help. What are some watch brands that are recognizable, good quality and manly? I'm looking for something between $100 and $200 because I'm a student and that's as high as I can go for the time being. Is it possible to get them engraved at the stores?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:

If you are looking for a dress watch for men, Kenneth Cole is a good brand, in my opinion. Good luck. :)

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely go to Macy's and check of he micheal kors watched. They offer deals such as 20% percent off and if its your birthday then you can order online for an even bigger discount. I really wouldn't go wrong with b mi watch because no matter what design he chooses it always has a certain class style to it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, Swatch and Timex have good designs, and they're quite durable too!

5. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think that there is a Macy's here in Canada and I won't have the opportunity to go to the States either. I was thinking about Timex, I saw some that were in my budget but I don't know if he'll like it, but it is definitely high up on my list. I've never heard of Kenneth Cole, I will look into it. Thank you for the advice everyone.

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend actually going into some stores and trying a few on. You won't know what will suit you and what won't otherwise.

7. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Update: I started working at a huge department store and one of my co-workers is a watch expert, he bought the watch that I was going to buy and he said that it wasn't a good watch at all, so I guess Kenneth Cole is off the list for now. I guess if I want to buy my boyfriend a good watch, then I should go for something Swiss made. I saw a Tissot watch, that he loved so maybe I'll opt for that one, it’s a little pricey but I can up my budget for him a little.

8. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    I really like watches, Im not a watch expert, but i know what i like.
    My fiance bought me a couple of watches last year for christmas, and, while they were GREAT looking they just werent my style. I think every guy either has a certain style of watch they prefer, or will wear ANYTHING haha.

So, what i would do is, if he already wears watches, take a look at a few of the ones hes got. SOme guys like small faces, some guys like big faces. Some guys like gig bezels, and some guys dont. Some guys like "diamonds" all over their watch and some guys dont. Once youve done that, check out Invicta watches on amazon. Theyre not the best watches in the world, but they are built decently well and look GREAT.

My current wishlist includes an invicta iforce lefty in black canvas strap with a black face.

9. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Watch shopping is not as much of a problem as most people may think. I think whenever I shop for watches I try to get a good deal on them regardless of where I shop at for them.

10. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I took him watch shopping with me the other day and I narrowed down 2 brands - Tissot and Victorinox. They're both a little pricey, but as long as it make him happy then I'll be fine. I'll just wait for a discount. You mention Invicta, did you know that ebay had a huge sale on them? From $700, the watched went down about 80% just for a few hours.