watch the label:)

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by costin • Mar 5, 2014.

1. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Everybody goes for a quick shopping in hypermarkets. Sometimes, you find extremely cheap products, such as overalls that I use for work. I came across it, reduced from 35EURO to 30EURO and I said I would buy. At checking point, surprise! The cashier said that the label with discount isn`t available anymore and I should pay the total cost, that I refused. My humble piece of advice is to carefully watch the label, to avoid paying extra for so-called discounted products

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my country to protect the consumer there is a rule that if the label says a price, the consumer can buy at that price. So they can't say the discount isn't available anymore if it's on the label. Also, if a label is wrongfully placed in a different product you can request that that price is maintained. Of course, it's good sense of the consumer as well to accept if a label is too different from the price... but what you described would be illegal where I live!

3. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    Something similar happened to me at a local store. They were not able to offer the product at the advertised price so I had to leave it there. It's not a big deal, but it creates a bad experience and there's a chance that if it happens again, I will have a chat with the manager.

4. starfox64

starfox64Active Member

Threads:
    No doubt. I thought that it was like a law that a store was supposed to sell a product for the price that is advertised with the product. I wouldn't do business with a store that tried pulling a fast one on me like that.

5. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I can see it in my country too:D Sometimes I feel hypermarkets are worlds full of Robin Hoods and the posse, althought I`m not very sure who`s playing who:(
    What you mentioned is a normal practice, but what to do with the irritating cashiers, saying that the way it should be? At least, a murmuring sorry