Watching football (soccer) games

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Peninha • Apr 7, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I grew up going to the football stadium and watching football matches. I attended with my dad and brother and it was pretty great. I did the same with my kids last year, but the prices aren't exactly friendly despite the stadium being far from full. Do you watch football matches or other sports? When did the tickets become so expensive?

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have very rarely although that's more due to the fact that I'm not an avid football fan rather than price. A ticket is about £7 at my local teams stadium, although It's something like £45 at premier league stadiums If I remember correctly. I've only been a few times and it was value for money, although I wouldn't pay to see a premiership match apart from maybe a very special occasion.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we watch football matches together with our friends but never go to the stadium. The tickets are expensive and that's without taking about transportation costs (no stadium in our city). Sometimes we watch the game indoor and sometimes we go out to a bar that has a TV set on the channel showing the game. Even so, going to the bar happens rarely since the food and drinks are not that cheap.

As for why the tickets are so expensive, it depends where you buy them from. If you don't live in the city where the game is played and you buy them from resellers, online or offline, the price is much inflated by those reselling the ticket.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My club plays in the main championship of the country, is almost nº1 club, probably that is why tickets are so expensive. Even so, if the stadium is not full they could cut on the prices or else they are losing money. Luckily I am within a walking distance to the stadium, so no expenses there.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's the mistake most clubs make. They hike up ticket prices and lose out on fans who would have paid to watch the match live if the prices were more wallet friendly. I've actually never paid cash to watch a football match. I get to watch the matches on TV or stream them live on the net depending on which of the two is more convenient at the time. It saves me a lot since I love watching soccer and if I were to fork out around $60 for each match . . .

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's impossible to watch every match, but taking your kids to the stadium for example is a memorable experience, everything is huge and new to them, they are amazed and it develops the love in the sport for them, I just don't know if this last thing is something good or bad though lol! :D