Watching movies more than once

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jennifer • Jun 24, 2012.

1. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I hope that this is not a duplication of another thread. We have so many movies that are often repeated on our tv channels. I will only watch a movie twice if it was a really good movie, especially a good thriller, and that I haven't seen in a couple of years.

I know of people that have seen the same movie up to four times. I am thinking specifically of the movie 'Titanic' when it was first released. How about you? Would you watch a movie more than once and what movie would it be?

2. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the movie for me. If it was really awesome, I'd watch it as many times as I could, even in theaters. For example, Avengers? I watched that thing for 6 times, all in the cinema. It was just that good for me.

Usually, though, once is enough.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Most movies I would only watch one time. There have only been a few that I have seen more than once. The one movie that I know I have seen numerous times is the original Star Wars movie. When it first came out in theaters, I think we went at least 20 times. I know that have watched it numerous times with my kids when they were young. Over all these years, I have seen it so much that I have lost count.

4. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I can re-watch movies but it has to be movies that I love, hence me keeping a collection of my favorites. I have been known to have watched a movie well over 20 times...it was crazy, I was in primary school and there was this comedy called Clue based on the board-game. My friends and I watched it everyday after school...that and Spaceballs. Totally insane. I do not watch anything that much anymore...growing up does that (now there are bills to pay!) but yeah, my favorites I can re-watch. A basic movie: no.

5. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    I would definitely watch the same movie time after time. Pan's Labyrinth and Burning Bright are the movies that I keep on watching. I don't keep count but from the constant rewatching of these films, I practically know all the lines and scenes. Lol.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I can't re-watch movies. Well, not right away. Unless I had a hard time understanding it. Otherwise I need a year or 2 to have time to forget at least part of it to make it interesting again. I think they have totally wore out Titanic. Bringing it BACK in 3D in my opinion was really a cheap ploy to try and re-capitolize on a movie that has definitely seen better days.

7. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I think I could only tolerate watching a movie for the maximum of two times. I would consider watching a movie repetitively as a waste of time because I can't see a point why you have to watch a movie where you already know what is going to happen. No matter how many times you watch it, the story wouldn't change!

8. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    As others have said, it all depends on the movie and the individual's taste. Personally, the bulk of movies I see I wouldn't want to watch again for maybe a year or so. Others break that rule and I could watch pretty repeatedly and always enjoy. For comedies, it has to be something pretty special to make me watch it more than once.

9. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I can't remember how many times I have seen The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. I love watching it again and again. I like watching it because its about ancient Egypt, also it helps that Brendan Fraser, which I have a huge crush on, is in the movie.

10. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    It depends on the movie for me. I love to watch musicals over and over again, and I also enjoy watching movie adaptations of Shakespeare's plays. I've seen Kenneth Branagh's productions several times, and I never get fed up of them. On the contrary, I find something new every time I revisit the film. Some thrillers will also stand a second watching, but with comedy films, I think once you've seen it, it's never the same again.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've watched plenty of movies over and over. If I like it then I watch to see the parts that I truly liked the best over again. Now, I'd only see a movie once in a theater, but if it one of the movies that is on a run with one of my premium channels, then I don't have a problem looking at again. Sometimes, you see something that you missed the first go round.

12. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't normally watch more than once unless I have no choice. Even then, it's really only going to be if I saw it many years ago and maybe a good comedy.

Kids movies are another story, though. The kids watch those repeatedly and therefore, I've ended up watching a bunch of the same kids movies repeatedly.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can watch certain movies over and over. Some movies I never get tired of watching. I can do the same with my favorite television shows. I only buy a DVD or a DVD set if Im planning to watch it many times.

14. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely! I watch many films more than once, which is why I make prudent decisions when I purchase a DVD to make sure that I'm going to watch it several times. I watch "Singin' in the Rain," "Casablanca," "Double Indemnity," "Duck Soup," "400 Blows" and a few others at least twice a year. I love movies and I don't see any problem with viewing a picture more than once or twice.

15. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    I love to watch good movies over and over .... The one i probably watch most is Matrix, not too sure but probably 10 times !
    I just love to watch movies and if it is good, I can't stop watching it ... By the way, it is similar with good songs or music .....

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Sure. I can watch some movies multiple times, but not all movies are going to be interesting enough to warrent that. It depends, kind of like music or books or games. If you enjoy it then you will invest the time in going through it again otherwise you will move on.

17. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Movies I watched the most and repeatedly - LOTR trilogy. I never get tired of them especially The Two Towers. One other movie that I can watch repeatedly without getting bored is Mamma Mia! I think it has to do with the ABBA songs, which my late mother used to sing whenever she cooked, she took a shower - they brought back tons of memories.

18. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have quite an extensive DVD collection and have no issues watching movies more than once. As matter of fact, for exceptional movies such as the Shawshank Redemption and Heat, I have seen them probably 100 times or more...I just love watching a good movie. Each time you see one, you can pick out details you hadn't noticed before.

19. Imoverthere

ImoverthereMember

Threads:
    Well, if it comes to movie theaters I'm only really willing to go to one movie once, only because of how expensive everything else is when buying at any theater. With DVDs, though, I'll be able to watch it countless times, of course, and be able to enjoy my movie with reasonably prices snacks.

20. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    There's movies I still watch that where made inthe 80's so the answer to your question is yes. I think movies these days lack hard work from the stars involved. I remember a time when everyone had to do their own stunts and do without the CGI technology you see about these days. How boring it must be to be stood in front of a green screen for 10 hours a day.