Water bottles and snacks

Discussion in Travel started by akiii123 • Oct 14, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    My mom always carried a snack and a water bottle whenever she had to travel. And when I grew older I followed her advice and always prefer to carry a snack and a water bottle. It has helped me in many situations especially when I am on a deserted road with no nearby shops. What is your opinion on this matter? Do you prefer to carry a bottle with you?

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I always do this, too. I got this from my mom and grandmother. When I was a kid, my mom couldn't really afford going to restaurants or stop overs whenever we travel. So, to save money, she just brought homemade snacks for me. I didn't like it then. Now though, I appreciate the things I learned from her.

3. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    akiii123! Your mom has given you a correct advice. I always prefer to keep a water bottle and snacks with me and they also help me in trouble. Travelling is my habit and that’s why I never compromise on a hard journey. Right now I am preparing my luggage for

. Have you ever tried this tour? If yes so please share your experience with me. I would like to hear about it.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Women usually are able to carry a lot of stuff in their bags, but men don't have a place to do that, so no, I don't carry water or snacks. If I am going with my kids somewhere I just might carry a bottle of water in my hand, but that is a particular case.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I always have water with me, not always snacks, but I can go for quite a long time without food if I need to. Water is essential though as dehydration causes headaches and can be really dangerous if it is hot. If I was traveling a longer distance by car I would put a couple of gallons of water and some snacks in the trunk in case something were to happen in the middle of nowhere and we had to wait a long time to get help or a tow.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like you, I also carry a bottle of water and a snack with me, such as a bag of nuts or some fruit. As a matter of fact, I am so used to this custom that I feel there is something missing if I don't take those items with me when I go out. Not just does it save me a lot of money, but I am also sure that I won't get food poisoning when I am travelling in a different country.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Like @Gelsemium said, men don't have the advantage of carrying a purse everywhere, so I don't carry water or snacks around with me.
    It's different when I'm taking a road trip though, then I always bring a little something so I can eat and drink as I drive, it let's me get to my destination faster and allows me to save money by not stopping along the way.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always carry a water bottle and snacks with me as a vegetarian, I never know if I will find anything to eat. The only problem is planes don't allow water bottles anymore so I have to pack it in my luggage and take a disposable one with me and get rid of it before I go through security. That's my biggest issue and then to buy water on the other side of security. On train and bus journeys I take a packed lunch as I travel alone most of the time and is more convenient, plus I know what I 'm having already.

9. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Very good advice to share and know, bringing a water bottle and snack on trips is always good to do. I carry a whole pack of water bottles and various types of snacks, especially for far and out of state [or country] traveling, because it saves time, money, and is a precautionary practice I like to do in case my car dies in the middle of nowhere, and I have to walk on foot to the nearest place with a phone to call for public aid.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't really carry a snack and water bottle with me when I go out, when I get hungry or thirsty I just buy one at the nearest store. I think it's a bit bulky to carry them and I don't really see any food in here that can be brought outside.

11. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Sidney! I think you are right but dear have you ever travelled to this type of place where you could not find any store or restaurant? Then what have you done? I think the way that you are using is quite well for singles but not for those who have kids or they have any disease like blood pressure, sugar or something like this. What you say am I right or not?

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do. For emergency purposes. Most of the time, you know when you are going to need a water and a snack, but there are also immeasurable number of times wherein, you had to stop what you're doing and keep on looking for a store where you can buy a water or a snack, when you feel that hunger pangs you never expected to be coming in as soon as you have felt it. It's not bad, and there's really nothing embarrassing about it. It's just being wise.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I almost always carry a water bottle with me, especially if I know I'll be walking around a lot, even if it's somewhere indoors like a mall. It helps keep me going if I have a long list of groceries to buy or if I'm shopping for gifts for multiple people, and the great thing about it is that I get to save from buying bottled water which I can then use for buying myself some snacks.