Water Container For Refrigeration

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Aug 6, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Fridge-Door-Jug-Water-Bottle-Handle-1.

I'm curious as to what you guys use as water containers or pitchers in your refrigerators. I myself use something similar to the picture I included, but the problem with these things is that sooner or later the nooks and crannies eventually end up collecting some dirt and although it's not that noticeable, I don't find it very appealing at all. I've considered getting a glass jug with just a simple lid but I don't the container to be that heavy and also that has some trouble spots as well.
    what water container or pitcher do you guys use?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to.

I'm not sure about this dirt and whatnot you're talking about, though. I washed mine regularly. Many of them go straight into the dishwasher, too, so it's not a big hassle. Even though it's just water, I feel better about cleaning them regularly since my hands are touching all the parts anyway.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like those pitchers as they are usually made of plastic. And even though the plastic is being kept cool, the water usually has a plastic taste. In summer I simply fill up some glass bottles with water and store them in the fridge for a refreshing drink.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also use a plastic container for my water, but it looks different to that pic that you posted. I do notice that unwanted stuff that gets accumulated in the container, so when I do, I wash it. It seems like algae, right? It's either they look like green stains or they look transparent.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Yes, exactly! It does look like algae and they are kind of hard to wash away especially since they appear in the hinge areas and tight corners that I would really need to use a pointed tool just to get rid of them kind of like a toothpick, and honestly, I don't think it is worth the effort and that's why I'm hoping to find another type of plastic container that has no tight corners at all. Anyway thanks for all the input!