Waterproof Mascaras

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Sep 2, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    One of the most important things in my makeup kit is my mascara. I cannot go out without it. Call it vanity, but my eyelashes are not as full as everyone else's, so it definitely needs some "help". If you also love mascaras, make sure that you will only wear waterproof ones when you really need to. Waterproof mascaras are very difficult to remove, and they can even make your lashes fall off or break therefore making them look worse.

Listed below are some of the best mascaras I have tried and can vouch for:

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the recommendations. I never wear waterproof mascaras for the reasons you mentioned above and have found a few non waterproof varieties that can really hold up to tears. My top choices would be Lancome Definicils or any of the Clinique mascaras. I have cried when wearing these or had water splashed on my face and they did not budge.

3. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I have sort of naturally weepy eyes, so I wore waterproof mascara every day for almost a year. I didn't notice my lashes were becoming more sparse right away. It was as if one day I was wondering "didn't I have more lashes than this" and the very next I was worried I wouldn't have any lashes at all! I laid off the waterproof mascara and most of my lashes have returned. I use Estee Lauder sumptuous lash duo now. It's not waterproof, but it doesn't run at the slightest hint of moisture either.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have been on the hunt for a good waterproof mascara, so thanks for this thread! I think I'm going to try the badgal waterproof. I've gone through several different kinds in the past year and none of them have impressed me. Hopefully this does the trick!