We Bought A Toy From Aldi

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Jasmine2015 • Dec 22, 2015.

1. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    So we were walking around the store and there is a section of toys. Some of them were on sale and we bought a "Pillow Chum" worth $2. It's supposed to be a rip off of the real thing "Pillow Pets". Incase you don't know, it's a pillow that can convert to a stuff animal. Have you ever bought toys from the grocery store before? You never know when you might find a deal going on.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aldi is well known for copycat products and producing them at low prices. Once people get over the 'stigma' of a discount store and how it looks, you consider the price and quality. Here in the UK most things like that get snapped up quickly, and it's a case of get them while stocks last.

Usually Aldi is out of town, but now as the profits have increased, some stores are in town centers. Maybe that will happen in the US soon too.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone just got me a Roomba vac from Aldi for Christmas. It seems to work fine, and doesn't have that 200 dollar price tag that most of those vacs do. I shop anywhere I can get a good bargain, and Aldi's is always a place to check out...although there is not one locatted close by here and that is a problem.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to check out the Aldi's sale ad that I receive in the snail mail. There are always some interesting things like that. Back when I was a child, we'd go to chain stores that were predecessors of Walmart and KMart, and they would have huge toy displays, because of course, when kids see toys, they want them. Back then, I can remember huge bins of balls, and they were very colorful and attractive. The prices were low, because items like that tend to draw families in, and while there, they'll purchase other things. That sounds like a good deal for you (and the vacuum for Ke Gordon's gift giver, as well. I found some great prices at Aldi when I was there, but they really need to open more than one register at a time if they're going to draw people away from Walmart Supercenter and Super Target, which seems to be their intention, since they're located just behind one and just in front of the other.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    hehe that sounds like a cute toy! I have shopped in Aldi, and although it stocks brands that are unknown to most people, the quality's not at all bad. In fact, in some areas, a lot of their products have gained a lot of popularity over better known brands. I have never bought a toy from them, so I don't know about those.