Wearing Shorts ?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jennifer2 • Jun 16, 2015.

?

Should I start wearing shorts

1. Yes

90.9%
  2. no

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jennifer2

Jennifer2New Member

Threads:
    I haven't worn shorts since I was little kid because I'm kinda of leg shy
    my Mom & friends wear shorts everyday in the summer and think I'm
    crazy for wearing jeans and not wearing shorts ? why ?
    Lately it seems walking around today all the females are wearing shorts but me
    whats so great about wearing shorts? but anyways I'm sick of being the only one not wearing shorts and I want to Conform, I have nice legs so but just know if I should wear them . I bought some shorts today and tried them on in my bedroom with the door closed, but I feel so bare
    wearing them, I don't know what to do ? any advice

#1Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  2. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I'm not gonna answer your poll because my answer would be: it depends on you! Who am I to tell you to wear or not to wear shorts, right? Shorts are one of my favorite clothing items ever and I wear them more than I wear jeans. It's no doubt that people would wear shorts during summer since it's really hot but if you're not comfortable with wearing them, don't! If you really want to try, then try to wear them outside first. You'll never know, you might actually like wearing it once you've worn it out for long. But don't force yourself to wear them if you don't want to. Just because everyone's wearing them, doesn't mean you have to conform. It's all up to you! Good luck :)

3. Jennifer2

Jennifer2New Member

Threads:
    Also, I'm wondering what my friends & Mom are going to say if I wear shorts because they know
    I haven't worn them before

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    They'll probably comment on it, but not because it's a bad thing! Shorts are great for hot weather mostly because you won't get as hot wearing them as other items. If you're uncomfortable, then you don't have to obviously, but I think it's great that you're stepping outside your comfort zone and being willing to try them!

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just bite the bullet and put them on! Once you've had them on a little while, you'll be so glad you did, especially if the sun is belting down. I bet you've got nothing to worry about at all.

6. felielizab

felielizabMember

Threads:
    I went years without wearing shorts or tank tops because I hated my legs and arms. Well, I think life is too short to think like that and it's way too hot to care. If you want to, I say find you a pair of comfortable shorts and go for it!

7. Jennifer2

Jennifer2New Member

Threads:
    Wow, what a big difference wearing shorts, there R way cooler
    than jeans. I can see Y everyone wears them. It's feel awesome to feel the air from breezes and the sun on your legs, I can't believe how foolish I was not to wear them before. I don't think I want to wear my jeans anymore. :) I'm going to buy some jean shorts & other shorts tomorrow

#7Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
  8. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    There would come a time for all of us where we learn to step out of our comfort zones to try new things and boost up our confidence. Wearing shorts doesn't necessarily mean you're being showy. I think it's healthy to display those beautiful legs- in the right way - once in a while. Of course, at the end of the day, it would still depend on you.

9. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Do whatever suits your liking there, really. You should really add more poll options because a simple "Yes" or "No" you won't get, haha.

To be completely honest with you there, you don't have to follow the crowd if you don't seek doing it. Just do the most comfortable option for you. ;)

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why won't you wear shorts? You should at least wear one when you're at home. No one really bothers about what you wear at home so just be yourself and wear whatever you want. Outdoors, it's a different matter altogether. I prefer to wear shorts indoors than outside of our house because it's more comfortable and you don't feel too cooped up. But outside, the polluted air will stick to your skin so it's safer to wear jeans.

11. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I'm leg shy because I've been told so often that I have such nice legs and I don't like the attention. I only wear long pants or mid to long skirts to keep covered so there's nothing to see. I feel cooler when the suns rays aren't hitting my skin directly anyway, but that is partly because of my climate and may not be true for people living in other parts of the world.

12. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I was also a bit conservative and self-conscious before, but as time goes by, I became more confident in my own body and skin. I now love wearing shorts. I wear them all the time. If other people can look good on them, why can't you?

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Glad to see you’ve given them a try and liked them!

I’ve personally never been a huge fan of shorts, and it wasn’t for lack of trying. I just find short skirts more comfortable, and it’s usually pretty easy for me to remember not to flash anyone. Though I’m sure I’ve had my moments. I have seen some cute high-waisted shorts here and there, which I’d consider wearing. However, it would probably require me to buy new tops, which would be pretty impractical. Ah, well.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I picked yes in the poll. I only really own one pair of shorts, and I haven't worn them in quite some time now. I am not a big fan of my legs, which is why I don't wear shorts more often But I think that it would be a good thing to start wearing shorts again, and gaining some confidence about my legs again.

15. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to be like you. My main problem was my legs being a lot lighter than my face in terms of skin tone. For some reason, that embarrassed me. But living in such a hot country, I couldn't be shy for long. I just bit the bullet and did it, until I got used to it. I started off with longish length shorts, to ease myself into it. Now I don't even think about it, I just wear them. Everyone of all shapes and sizes wear them. Plus you have nice legs to show off, do it while you still can LOL

16. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what you are most comfortable in, if you don't want to wear them, don't wear them. You don't have to conform to trends if you don't want to. Shorts are more of a fashion choice to some people and other people just don't like the idea of them. If you live in a hotter climate it could be more beneficial to wear shorts rather than jeans but there are so many more options that just shorts; capris, skirts, skorts, maxi dresses, you don't have to be confined to just one option for pants during the summer.

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Luckily I never had a problem as I was born with a skin condition called psoriasis and from day one my mum would make me wear shorts whenever the sun was out. I'm 36 now and I still wear shorts and couldn't care less what other people think.

18. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    You have psoriasis too? So do I
    I wasn't born with it, I developed it when I was 7
    I am pretty self conscious about it sometimes and always wish I could have my normal skin back but I love wearing short shorts and short skirts.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it feels great to wear shorts, right? I wear them too, but only the knee-length ones, and only when walking around the village. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it inside the mall since it's more crowded there.

20. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I used to wear shorts a lot when I was a kid as well but not that much anymore.
    They can be comfortable if the weather and climate is warm enough but other than that I prefer longer and loose pants.