Website traffic

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by AlwaysAMama • Jun 3, 2012.

1. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    Can anyone recommend a good and free way to get consistent website traffic? I post my website on different sites and get 100 or more unique views a day, but as soon as I stop posting my link all over, my traffic dies down. Any tips?

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I visited your site and I saw that you don't have lengthy blog posts. You need at least about 300 words to be picked up in the Google search. If you have any tips of your own that aren't generic, you should write a blog post about them. People are always looking for new tips and not the same old same old. Your blog has a lot of potential, but you need longer posts to draw in readers. I think you should write in-depth reviews of the money making sites you've joined. After you get some reviews written, then you can promote them on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and RedGage.

3. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    Yeah, i would agree with Adeal4u.

I would say that your traffic can come from a couple different places. Referral (you posting your link on people's forum), organic search (being indexed from google and people finding you by just doing a regular search), return users, and paid traffic (buying ads on google).

An interesting note to what Adeal4u was saying about your organic Google SERP. It is true that good content will rank you higher in google for keywords... but it is probably more likely that you will hit niche keywords and get ranked high. The problem with niche keywords is that it won't bring a lot of search volume. But I'm also not sure how high google ranks you with a blogspot.com address. I've never seen a blogspot.com address very high on google (might just be what i'm searching for).

I understand that it is hard work keeping traffic coming to your site, but I think you should ask yourself... if people are not coming back to my site, maybe there is a way that you can make a more compelling reason for people to come back. It might be worth spending some time thinking about what else you can do to make the consumer want to come back.

How much time do you spend each day posting your link everywhere?

4. greenplankton

greenplanktonMember

Threads:
    You would need original content and quality posts for Google to pagerank your website or blog. Contrary to what Beetler76 says, I have seen many blogs on the first page of Google, sometimes the best posts are from blogs so you should never discount them. For traffic to get coming to your site, you would have to post regularly and content that is relevant.

5. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I want to be clear. I wasn't saying that blogs couldn't get to the front page of google. I know they can because I used to have one. I just wasn't sure if blogspot.com blogs could make it. I've never noticed it, but i could be wrong. But original content is the key to getting traffic from google if you do not know seo.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    It's possible to get on the front page with a blogspot blog. I have one and you can check my keyword is cold air intake pros and cons. Check for Bill Spot Blog, it took me a while, but it's possible. I know a lot of people say free blogs don't stand a chance with SEO, but they're wrong. I think she can do it if she works hard at writing quality content.

7. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I have spent about 30 mins to an hour at a time posting my link where ever I think I can gain some traffic. I never knew about the 300 words or more being picked up more. I will work on posting more in depth stuff. Also I did purchase my own domain name, I haven't updated it on my profile here, but it is

I am not sure if that will help me get rated more than a blog spot name or if I should also have by own website and ditch blogspot all together. Thanks for all the tips, I appreciate any and all help you can offer. I'd like to get a better understanding of all this so I don;t feel so much like a fish out of water.

8. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    Adeal4u is absolutely on the front page. Congrats. That's interesting that google can distinguish between PR on jmjdnd.blogspot.com and just blogspot.com.

I still reserve my opinion that the best way is to not have free hosted site.

I just launched a blog the other day on wordpress at:

. If you don't know what that is, it's a super popular blog platform. Even if you are novice, I would recommend wordpress. It is super simple to manage and has great support. I've heard that bluehost has 1 click installation of wordpress. I think hosting is less than $10 a month.

One thing to keep in mind is that google looooooves content. The more content you can churn out the better... I should rephrase that to what Adeal4u said... the more QUALITY content that you can churn out the better. Remember... Content is king.

9. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks Beetler76, I agree a blogspot isn't the best way to go because you have to work twice as hard to get on the first page. I would much rather have my own site, but I'm looking for hosting options right now. I checked out your site Beetler76, and it looks great. The blog posts were a decent size and it wasn't too many ads flashing everywhere. AlwaysAMama your site has too many ads. Google only allows you two ads on a page, the bottom part of your site has a lot of referral links. Also, it takes a while for your site to load, remove some of the referral links and it will help the sites load time. I noticed in this forum your link isn't active, was that done on purpose?

10. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am also interested in learning how to really SEO my website. SO many people are just out there to take your money and do nothing! If anyone knows a legit place to do this, I would love to hear about it.

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Many big name corporations just scam people out of money without showing results. My opinion it's difficult to trust someone if their website isn't on the front page of Google. I'm not a professional, but I would be happy to look at your site. I could offer some pointers, if you put a link or a signature to your website.

12. Mommy Loves Her Kids

Mommy Loves Her KidsNew Member

Threads:
    A good way to receive good amount of traffic to your website is advertising through free traffic sites. If you don't want to pay for your traffic then there are plenty of click-pay and free posting of ads on various of sites. I'm not going to sugar coat it, It will require you to do a lot of research on various of traffic site to get the type of traffic you need. You can also use the "pay" option which means you would pay for traffic. This tool is also very effective for your business, but again don't forget to do your research first on all company's to make sure that they have all the services that you need for your business. The third Option is hiring an Assistant to do all this for you, I currently provide these services as well as help with traffic on sites. So either one of these options should help you more! If you would like more detailed websites I can recommend just let me know!

13. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried article marketing? Write posts related to your blog in high-ranking content sites like streetarticles.com, and the provide a link to your blog. You will get consistent traffic to your blog, plus your blog will rank higher in search engines.

14. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    What link isn't active?

15. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I am interested in some sites. Thanks.

16. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I looked at my most active keywords and I have a front page result. Google, clickworker proof of payment.

17. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    AlwaysAMama,

That's great that you are already getting to the top of google for some keywords. When it comes to goog traffic, it's the top 3 spots that get 99% of the traffic. That is what you want to shoot for. So keep up your SEO... it will pay off in the long run.

To help identify other keywords to go after with SEO, you want to look at

. Note: i always select [exact] only.

I also agree with Adeal4u. You may want to consider removing some of the ads/affiliates. I completely understand the need/want to earn revenue, but if you are trying to build a brand, it may make you grow slower. As the great Gary Vaynerchuk said, "Too many people are acting like 19 year old dudes... trying to close on the first move". When I build websites, I try to always look at the long term picture.

18. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    That's great that you made the first page. You're really doing well I like the layout of your site. As for the link I was referring to your signature on this site isn't clickable.