Wedding Dresses

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by AngelicDevilTel • Apr 29, 2015.

1. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    Well its set, if all goes well and nothing comes up out of the blue I will be getting married next year!
    So since I start back school in the fall I am starting the planning early
    First on the agenda is my wedding dress
    I want it to be pretty casual (since we are having an informal wedding at the courthouse) and less than $100 if I can.
    Does anybody know of any good deals n wedding dresses? Or just dresses in general?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, it all depends what exactly you are after. If you want something very special (and who doesn't for their wedding day?) then why don't you go and talk to a seamstress and have a dress made exactly the way you like it. You can choose everything, from the fabric to the design. And best of all, a seamstress can change things while she makes your dress, if you suddenly change your mind about a certain feature.
    I had my 1940's wedding suit made by a seamstress. It was perfect for me. I always wanted to marry in a suit, and my husband's mother, who happens to be a seamstress, made a dream come true for me. :)

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Congratulations on your impending wedding! You should be able to find something that looks great for under $100 at a mall outlet store. Since you don't need anything fancy, you can go for anything that suits your preferences and isn't a true wedding dress. Honestly, I don't like the way wedding dresses look, and I understand it's not about the guy's preferences, but I'd much rather get married in a casual setting with a woman wearing a much more simple yet attractive dress.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My sister in law ended up buying a bridesmaid dress in the color white and it looked stunning! You would have never known it wasn't a wedding dress. But because it was a bridesmaid dress it was much cheaper, I believe under $100.00 if I remember correctly. I thought that was a great idea. Congratulations! I hope to see more posts from you because wedding planning can be so much fun but also expensive, so we would all love to help you find the cheapest ways to have a special day as possible. I strongly believe that it should be a special day but not so special it starts a couple off into debt, that is a terrible way to start out a marriage. (I'm attaching a link to J.C. Penny because I think this is where she got hers from and it looks like they have a sale going on right now!)

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Congratulations from me as well. I personally didn't want a formal wedding gown. I feel for you in making your selection because there will be plenty of them and you'll find yourself changing your mind often.

I window shopped bridal shops before turning to department stores. I selected a classy two piece knit dress because my wedding was during the winter season. I searched and searched and finally found it at a department store on sale during the holiday (Christmas/New Year) for under $100.

So consider the seasonal sales to save on the cost of your dress.

6. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I strongly agree that the wedding shouldn't be overly expensive. I would much rather spend the money on a honeymoon rather than all of it going towards the wedding dress.

As I go through the planning phase (because my fiance is leaving it all up to me) I will be sure to consult here if I get stuck.

7. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Congratulations! There are many affordable wedding dresses out there if you are willing to go to different stores. I will get married in a few months, and I know the stress of looking for an affordable wedding dress. Stay away from those designer ones because you will probably get the same style with the same kind of cloth and stitching in other places. :)

8. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Congratulations to you too! I love threads about weddings! Its such a romantic time. The flower girl in my wedding (almost 20 yrs ago now) just got married and they had their reception in a barn! It was so cool. Very economical but filled with white dangling lights, flowers and table clothes. And they still had an area for dancing and protection against the rain.