Wedding Hairstyles

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • May 18, 2015.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    When I bought my wedding dress, it came with a long veil and a crown. I browsed the Internet for possible hairstyles that will match these accessories, and there were so many styles that I loved. If you have medium-length hair, how would you style your hair? Would have an updo or just let your hair look natural?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why don't you consult a hair stylist? In some saloons they have computers where they scan in your picture and match it with different hairstyles to see how it fits you. You can do the same thing yourself online. I don't know how you can actually look good with a crown without appearing doll-like. Personally, I would give the crown a miss and replace it with a wreath of meadow flowers that you can string around the veil. Free flowing hair looks most attractive to me, especially for a wedding celebration. :)

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I wore my hair down it was long. But up do's look very classy for weddings and it's cooler. It's terrible to be a sweaty bride. I got married in November so the heat wasn't an issue but I still remember feeling hot when I was dancing, etc. YouTube has so many DIY up do's now, you might not even have to go into a salon. My mom was a hairdresser so I had help.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    For me it would depend on your dress style and your venue. If both are pretty laid-back (e.g. a beach wedding) it could go either way, though I would probably lean toward free-flowing but lightly styled hair, just enough to make it look its best. If both are more formal, an updo is probably a better bet. Neither are really an option for me, but I’d still enlist a hairstylist because I can never make my hair look as awesome as they do, haha.

5. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    Half up half down always looks nice with something lie that but I personally would have mine down and wavy so it looks natural and pretty.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would definitely have my hair up, but it's personal preference and how you want your photos to look. I think down is fine if you have waves and curls, but as it's a long day I would want my hair set and styled so I don't have to fix it.

With it down, if it's windy or rainy then it gets messed up and also you maybe fiddling with it more. You should try some styles first to see how they look with the dress.

7. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I feel like it depends on the dress. Like if the dress was studded all over with rhinestones and it was strapless, I feel like it would be too much to have long straight hair that is down. If it was a basic white dress, I would have my hair up. It also depends on the venue as mentioned earlier.

8. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I've never gotten married, but knowing people who have, I guess I have some advice. For most of my friends in their mid-20s, they usually did research and came up with a few hairstyles they liked. They usually found these hairstyles on pinterest boards, then asked a hairstyle for input and to recreate the looks.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I would love to see a bride wearing her hair in a braided updo. It is her moment to shine so her face should be seen by everyone at the ceremony.