Weightloss - saving money by focusing more on exercise than diet?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Obesity has become epidemic, and there are endless expensive diets available that promise to help shed the unwanted kilos.
    Naturally, a healthy diet plan will assist in weight loss, but wouldn't it save money and achieve faster results if the focus was more concentrated on a free daily exercise program? What do you think?

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Absolutely not. People gain weight because of what they put in their mouths.. that's the way to losing it again too. Exercise is for many things, but it is not even close to the most important part of weight loss and overall health. It's obviously necessary, you need to move around to keep the bod running efficiently.. but weight is food and people need to stop treating it as anything but. If you're one of the people who can take a walk and lose weight than you're either super lucky or super young.. for the rest of us, eating properly is the best thing you can do for yourself. There are no short cuts and nobody should want to take any anyway.. it's your life we're talking about here.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hmm. You bring up an interesting question. I feel both components work together for an effective weight loss plan. The goal for weight loss won't be achieve if a person continues to indulge in the same destructive eating habits. Basically, they would be working out but won't see desire results due to the fact the body is constantly consuming too much sodium, sugar and etc. So there needs to be a considerable change in what a person put into their body to maintain a healthy diet as well as focusing on the physical aspects of exercising.

4. Lenna

LennaNew Member

Threads:
    You can't just exercise and expect to lose weight and save money. You would need to also be skimping on the fatty foods or scarfing down all those creme doughnuts! After all, if you're eating a ton, you would need to exercise more to actually lose the extra weight, and then lose any weight that you already have.

5. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like exercise and diet is important for exercise. People gain weight not just because of eating bad but for stress, hormones, and so much more. I gained 20 pounds in little over a month from not eating, getting sick every time I ate, not sleeping, which messed up my hormones, which made me gained more. When I did eat it was something like yogurt, or oatmeal, and I still gained. So it isn't always just from overeating. However, eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive. I spend about about $30-$40 dollars a week for food for two people and we eat healthy. We get meat, dairy, low-carbs, veggies, and fruit. We eat 3 times a day with snacks between meals. We just don't buy name brand health food and all these supplements. We also work out about an hour-2 hours a day. I've lost 30 pounds so far this year. My spouse has lost 5 pounds of fat, but put on a ton of muscle.

6. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I really think exercise is the best way to go when it comes to losing weight. It's not only going to save you money, it's also good because it allows you to change your lifestyle completely. Weight loss won't be sustainable if you're not changing your entire lifestyle.

I also don't like dieting because I feel deprived and it does not make me feel good emotionally. Weight loss should not be bothersome. It should be something that you can actually enjoy.

7. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    First of all no. Look at it this way, if I were to exercise all day and lose a thousand calories only to settle down on one big lunch table and eat the equivalent of what I lost then there's no point to exercising at all. The benefits of exercising is that it keeps your body at peak performance, you can lose weight without the help of exercise and diet pills, you just need to modify you eating pattern because if you think about it, it all comes down to this: eat something, you gain something.

8. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I have personally used a free daily workout program and it most certainly helped me lose weight. If you just watch what you eat and how much you eat, plus work out, the pounds will shed. The key is to make sure you eat a lot of vegetables. I love green beans, so that's usually what I choose as my veggie and what I have noticed, in addition to the workout, it makes my metabolism faster, which helps me lose weight. Since having children, my weight has gone up and down, up and down. I've had to get smart and figure out ways that I can work out but also be with my kids. I use a variety of work out regimens. I like to keep it interesting. I've noticed, though, if I work out daily and I don't eat the veggies, my metabolism kind of stays where it is and I don't lose the weight as quickly.

9. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I am starting to take responsibility for my health, and what you say here is true, I am going to have to change the way I eat! I have always just said that I could not change my diet, but in all truth and honesty I was just being stubborn. I am beginning to see the light, my habits have to change if I want to enjot a good quality of life!

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To whoever said it's not just because of overeating, I personally didn't say that. I know plenty of people who don't eat enough and are overweight. It's WHAT we eat (I wouldn't lump yogurt in with healthy foods, but that's just me) and yes, it's all you need to change to lose weight. For overall health and fitness, you need both. Also, just because you lose weight, doesn't mean you're healthy.. most people don't eat enough of their healthy foods and lack in calories and nutrients.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have plenty of time for exercise, then go have your weight loss through exercises and you sure to save a lot of money, but if you are really busy and barely have time for yourself, then even without exercise you could be healthy and have weight loss by eating healthy foods and those designed for people to lose weight.

12. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Exercise is really key to weight loss. For the past few months, I have been hill walking. The results are that I am two sizes down. This is amazing because I have struggled to shed even 10 pounds over the last few years. My metabolism had slowed down that much. So, I am finally a believer. I am convinced that regular exercise is important and am motivated to do it.