Weird Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by felielizab • Jun 16, 2015.

1. felielizab

felielizabMember

Threads:
    What are some of the weird foods or food combos that you absolutely love to eat? When did you first discover your love for it? One of my all-time favorites is popcorn, smothered in Parmesan cheese and topped with jalapeños. My best friend's mom used to eat this when we were little girls and she offered to share one day. It's been a favorite ever since! Post your weird food love below.

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds pretty good. I'm a big popcorn fan any which away. Funny, I can't think of any particularly weird food things that I like. I salt my watermelon and apple slices, which I don't think is weird but my husband does. I also like peanut butter on apple slices quite a bit.

Actually, my husband has a weirder food love than I do. He likes peanut butter, mayonnaise and bologna together on a sandwich.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to take cold cornbread heat it up and pour syrup over it and eat it. My family think I am crazy but I like it. I add salt to my watermelon but never thought about an apple. I will have to give that a try, the salt makes the watermelon sweeter.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I like to eat chicken noodle soup with sweet butter cookies.

I like the way this combo tastes that is someway matches the sweet/salty concept behind most Asian foods.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love eating kimchi (korean dish) and fried egg together. I don't know if that is weird but most of my friends couldn't tolerate it. :D

6. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I love love love eating green mango and the usual sauce for it would be "bagoong" in the Philippines or salty shrimp paste or rock salt. I, on the other hand, mix vinegar, fish sauce, salt and a bit of brown sugar for my sauce. It's weird because it's sour, salty, and a bit sweet and for me it balances out the sourness of the green mango but other than that it's really weird but I love it so much. It even makes me lips really pale because of the sourness yet I do not mind. I just really love how it tastes!

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have a native dish here called Bicol Express. Bicol is a region where people love hot chili pepper. They cannot eat without the small red pepper that will sear your mouth. Bicol Express is a dish with the pepper as main ingredient, cooked in coconut milk with flavorings of pork. I sometimes buy that but I eat sparingly.

8. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    For me its when I go to McDonalds. I used to mix mayonnaise with sweet and sour sauce and dip my fries in it and I also love dipping my fries in their ice cream, I know it sounds weird but its actually really good!