Weird Way To Save Money?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Oct 24, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some women can buy their clothes either in the men's section or the women's section depending on where they get something cheaper. Of course you'd have to be pretty gutsy to wear something cheap you found in the men's section but if it saves you money . . .

For small guys and petite girls, they opt to shop in the kids section. Not only are the clothes cheaper but they [the shoppers] also avoid the extra expenses of having them resized.

Anyone tried something similar or heard of a weird way to save money on clothes?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In terms of clothes, all that you would need to save money is creativity. The more creative you are, the weirder other people will look at what you're doing. If you are just as weird as you could pull through cutting and destroying your clothes, but are able to transform it creative outcome without spending anything, then you would surely be able to save great amount of money. Don't remember to always be creative. It's the key. Recycle your old stuff. Transform them into the unexpected. You'd be surprised.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    People have been doing this for years! The women in my family are very small and have child size feet and always buy childrens clothes as they are cheaper. I used to and still do if I can find my size and the style is okay. I bought child size Timberlands which saved me money on the adult price and the same goes for t-shirts packs. As children get bigger, the size range increases.

Wearing mens clothes is fashionable as well as cheaper in terms of shirts and t-shirts. I often buy them and socks tend to be thicker and longer for a fraction of the price.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I try to find something in my mother's closet or personally ask whether she has clothes that don't fit her anymore. We're about the same size (she's still slim despite her age) and I've worn a number of the clothes she used to wear when she was single. Since I'm just of a slightly smaller frame, most of her clothes fit me well. Imagine, I have this shrug blazer that I often wear to work and colleagues said looks nice on me. Little did they know it dates back to the 70s (no kidding). Because of this lucky circumstance (having a mom who frequently hands down her old clothes), I get to save a lot of money on clothes.

5. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I recently heard a PRI story on the radio about small adults shopping in the kids section and saving lots of money, especially on plain things like socks and underwear. I remember I could still fit into teen L and XL sizes even when I was 21-22. I doubt that is the case anymore. If I were small enough I'd definitely consider it.

6. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, I am not petite. I am very tall, so I don't really fit in anything sold in the children's section. However, I do buy clothes from the men's section especially the character shirts. I sometimes do not like how simple shirts for women are designed, so I opt for those for men. They are very cheap, too!

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Those methods are not really weird, shrewd is more like it. I'm not petite, so I don't shop at the kids section. The only way that I get to save money buying clothes is when I buy 2nd hand ones in Ebay. Some are priced really low, like a $1 or less.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Hahahaha, I've never done this before. I should opt for going into the men's section because I do wear my boyfriend's sweaters when I am outside and it's chilly. I even wear his T-shirts around the house. I have seen some nice pieces in the men's section I like as I am walking by them. I never go for the kid clothes in the girl's section. Although I am petite, the cut of the clothing are way too small and appear to be for girls who wear size 0 or -1.

9. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have been the same size since age 13. I still have a number of girls' size 16 clothes, thought most of those wore out in the last few years. I have shopped the girls section many times because not only are they cheaper, they are usually more modest. Often there will be a cute style in the ladies clothes that has only one problem such as too low of a neckline, too short, ect. But there is a girl's version of the style that has a higher neckline or is a little longer or something. I had one of the cutest jumpers from the girls department a few years ago. The were making ones for teens/adults that were like mini-skirt length but the girls one made it to my knees.

10. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I for one have never seen a women wearing men's clothes. Or maybe I have never paid that much attention to it.

11. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    The best way to save money if you have children is to buy their clothes 2 or 3 sizes bigger, so that they can wear them for longer periods of time. Kids grow so fast and you can buy kids clothes as often as every 6 months if you have a fast growing child. As an adult you can save money buy shopping on websites that sell hand me downs or thrift stores if your into that sort of thing, but I recommend you wash them first.