Weirdest Food Combinations You Love

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Dec 13, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I saw chocolate covered potato chips on TV once and I thought it was very weird and I thought I'd never like them, but then I actually got to taste them and I was so pleasantly surprised so I'm glad I did try them out. I'm not really a big chocolate fan, but I like potato chips very much and often thought that they would only work as a salty snack. After trying chocolate covered ones, though, I was instantly hooked. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is curious enough to taste it, and hopefully a form of it will be available to you nearby.

What are the weirdest food combinations that you've come to love?

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It's funny that you mention chocolate covered potato chips because mine is actually fairly similar.

For some reason, I really like Peanut M&M's and crisps.. yes, at the same time.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

That actually doesn't sound to bad I would so try that! My weirdest combination would be vanilla ice cream and a pickle I know I know it sounds weird lol. When I was pregnant one day I was eating ice cream than started craving a pickle and than decided to eat them together and I actually liked it and ate it even after I had my baby.

4. kitchencatlover

kitchencatloverMember

Threads:
    I like a peanut butter and pickle sandwich on occasion lol. It sounds strange but it really is very good. I also love peanut butter pancakes but that might be a little less weird. I like eating chocolate and chips together as well. The sweet and salty is delicious.

5. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this is weird enough for you, but I put raisins on my salads.
    It makes them a little sweet, and adds some nice nutrients in there.
    Most of my friends think I'm crazy when I tell them this.
    Other than that, can't really remember anything else.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    My husband introduced me to something he really liked. Granny Goose tortillas with mayo sandwich. The softness of the bread plus the crunchiness of the chips really blended well. It only took two attempts for my husband to let me try it out. I loved it ever since.

7. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Tartar sauce and fries. I've liked this combo since I was 10 even though it is a little fattening. I also like syrup on my sweet potato fries.

8. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I also put raisins on my salad (macaroni salad) with chopped onions and pickles and cubed cheese. I don't know if it's weird but it's a regular thing for me ever since I can remember. :D

The most weird food combination that I encountered was when my son dipped his french fries in his chocolate sundae and continues to eat the fries that way (up to now). I don't know if others do it also but it's weird for me as I eat my fries usually with catsup and mayo. :D

9. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I eat so many different things and I searched my mind for something that is considered a strange combination and could find nothing. The closest I got was something akin to dipping french bread in Worcestershire sauce, soaking the bread entirely, and eating it. Though I don't really consider that a weird food combination.

10. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have any super strange food combinations. I like French fries and ice cream together though, but I guess that's kind of like having a Wendy's frosty and dunking your fries into it. The weirdest thing I've ever really wanted was dill pickle potato chips and vanilla ice cream, and no, I wasn't pregnant at the time, I don't know why I wanted it, it sounded really good to me but I haven't ate it ever since then.

11. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    These are some really weird and crazy food combinations for sure! I have never tried these fascinating food combos but could be tempted to try them. Pickles and and peanut butter is really out there!

12. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don't have any weird food combinations according to what the average person considers normal. However, I have a friend that love to eat Captain Crunch berries cereal with a piece of cheese on top. I find that a bit gross. If you don't believe me? here's a pic from here fb page.

cheese cereal.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very careful when it comes to combining foods. My stomach simply can't tolerate anything that is too exotic. I have always eaten simple, unprocessed foods, which most of my friends regard as "bland". But I think that their taste buds are overstimulated most of the time, and that's why they crave strong, and sometimes unusual, taste sensations.

14. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with cat lady above, I love my pickle and peanut butter sandwiches occasionally. I know it sounds gross, but the taste is amazing! My Aunt first introduced me too it and I fell in love. However, it has it's drawbacks. When people hear me talking about it or eating it people ask me; "Are you pregnant?" O.O

15. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have any weird combinations that I do with food, I think the weirdest one that I have is fairly common - banana and nutella sandwich. Those things are absolutely delicious!

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The weirdest food combination that I personally have tasted is this choco banana food that used to be sold in the mall that I go to. The banana was covered in hard chocolate, and it tasted good. Too bad it's not available anymore.

17. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have two, and they both involve sandwiches.

I love tomato puree sandwiches, just spread some butter on the bread and then spread on the tomato puree and I'm good to go.

When I used to work as a labourer a friend who worked there offered me a sandwich as I had not brought anything with me, it was DELICIOUS. It was sardines and raw onions! He said that not only is it tasty, but in FIVE years of bringing them to work I'm the first to actually take one.

18. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I have a few weird food combinations but the weirdest would probably be dipping a Chinese donut in egg drop soup and bacon sundaes. I'm upset at Denny's for not having a bacon sundae in a long time because they were really good. I guess it's about time I make one myself.

19. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    I eat banana with Milo. I don't know if you know Milo but it's a chocolate drink in it's powder form. I learned it from my Aunt. I peel the banana. I cut it into little pieces and put it in a plate. Then i mix them with Milo and Tada!, instant desert! Try it and then you'll see with I mean.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to put Sriracha on my peanut butter crackers and peanut butter sandwiches.
    Sriracha tastes good with anything that had peanut butter on it, basically like a peanut satay sandwich.
    This combo is so popular that someone made a Facebook page for it.