What Acne Products Do You Use?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Liv6 • Jun 23, 2015.

1. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use Cetaphil gentle cleansing soap for my washing routine (as I heard the antibacterial version contains triclosan, which is cancerous), followed by Aveeno moisturizer. However, my brother typically uses just Neutrogena products (which are too stringent on my skin). Which acne products, if any, have worked for you? Do you prefer to buy products or use natural remedies?

2. Qualitycontent

QualitycontentMember

Threads:
    The best product I have found for my acne is sold on ebay. It is hand made soap by handmadeproductsandmore. My friends say that it is the only thing that works for them. It is called miracle acne treatment
    OATMEAL~LEMONGRASS~AVOCADO~CUCUMBER~OLIVE OIL SOAP

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I used to use Cetaphil as well, but I switched to more natural methods. I generally try to eat a decent diet, because I’ve found that really affects my skin, and I use coconut oil, oatmeal and honey on my face. When things get a little haywire I treat it with a little bit of tea tree gel.

4. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    I've tried eating a decent diet, but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to help me out (though drinking eight cups of water a day seems to calm breakouts down somewhat). I blame it on hormones. I'll try the coconut oil/oatmeal/honey, thank you! Do you mix these things, and, if so, what ratio do you use (e.g. 1/4 cup oatmeal: 2 tbsp. honey)?

5. LeopardJones

Threads:
    Oh I know how those hormones are, they always fire up around that time of the month. It can be a nuisance. Anyway, I mix the oatmeal and honey, and I usually just make enough for one use. So it’s about 1/2 tbsp microwaved with 1 tbsp of water, then I mix in a good squeeze of honey. That’s more than enough for my face, so I use the rest to scrub my back. The coconut oil is used beforehand, usually to remove my makeup, but sometimes if my skin feels a little dry or tight I’ll use it then.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not that concerned about the occasional outbreak of acne that I experience. I usually treat it with tea tree oil. I have never bought a commercial product for the skin problems that I experience from time to time. I rely on clean, pure water to flush out my system, and herbs to balance my hormones. I like to treat all my skin issues from within and only ever apply natural topical treatments.

7. Liv6

Liv6Member

Threads:
    You called it. :D That's exactly when it flares up badly for me, and no acne product I use seems to help during that time. I get it badly on my back too, so I'll definitely consider this. I've heard about the miracles of coconut oil before; my hair stylist uses it to remove her makeup. Thanks so much for the recipe (sounds strange to call it that, though)!

8. LeopardJones

Threads:
    No problem! I hope it works out for you :D

I’ve also had some minor bacne problems; the peskiest thing about treating it is it could stem from a multitude of causes. I saved this post for some ideas of what might be the culprit: