What Are Some Affordable And Quality Tablets That Have A Sim Slot?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by sidney • Mar 12, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to save up for a tablet, and I know the quality brand ones start at $50, so I would like to hear some brand and model recommendations from experienced tablet users so that I can check them out and decide which one to buy? My budget is around $50 to $100. I will also do some typing on it so I intend to use a keyboard on it. I think if I need more ports then I can just buy a USB port hub, right? I also would prefer for it to have a sim slot. Thanks in advance!

2. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    Quality brand tablet at $50? Wow, in my country you would have to pay at least four times more than that. Sorry for not being able to make any recommendations, but I would like to point something out regarding the keyboard: I happily bought a nice case with integrated keyboard for my tablet (didn't have the tablet with me) and when I got home and wanted to use it, the tablet did not recognize it. The irony is it worked perfectly on my phone. I later found out it was related to the Android version.
    So please be careful when buying a keyboard and take the tablet with you!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Katt@Katt Which brand are you using anyway and what model is it? I noticed that Acer Iconia is within my price range, but of course since I'm canvassing I am open to suggestions. I will keep your tip in mind! It really pays to bring your tablet with you when you buy an external keyboard, since they seem to be sensitive to the OS to be able to function properly. Thanks!

4. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    I have an Asus Memopad HD7. I am really satisfied with it and it works perfectly even now, after 2 years of using it on a daily basis. It doesn't have a sim slot though. What will you be using your future tablet for?

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I purchased a Tablet from Amazon. It was listed as one item, which was correct, but when the box actually arrived, the brand was Pheonix. I only paid as little as £30 for it. It is not high quality, but it does most of the things that other tablets do, and it has a sim slot.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Katt@Katt, I will be using it to read ebooks, watch videos on Youtube and watch the movies that I downloaded on the desktop, and for typing occasionally on forums. I heard some tablets are laggy, so I think I must buy one that is of good quality.

@DreekLass@DreekLass, I see, I will check out that brand, it is affordable at $44 when I did the pounds to dollar conversion, so I hope I can find that locally. Shipping from Amazon to my country is quite expensive.

7. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Note 2.0 by Samsung has not got a sim slot but it rules!

8. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most tablets at that price range don't have a SIM card slot because they don't have 3G/4G capabilities. Manufacturers aren't going to release a tablet with SIM/network data capabilities because they could wind up ruining their profit margins in that price point. I doubt there are more than one or two options in the range you're looking for. I wouldn't be surprised if there were no options.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @troutski@troutski, If you back read a bit there are actually tablets that have sim slots under that price range, they're just not from well-known brands. I can make do with a tablet without a sim slot as long as it does the job without any hassle.

10. Katt

KattNew Member

Threads:
    You should get a tablet with a good screen resolution, or you will risk damaging your eyes, as you mentioned reading books on it. Another possibility would be to get one from a mobile provider. For example, in my country, for a few extra dollars a month you can get a good tablet from Vodafone (their own brand, but I hear they are manufactured by Lenovo).

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah getting a tablet under a plan is also offered, but I'm not a postpaid subscriber, only a prepaid one. Which screen resolution is ideal? The bigger the better, right?