What are some good toys for a 2 year old boy?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by MrsR • May 6, 2013.

1. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    I have a nephew that will soon have his 2nd birthday. I have a daughter, so I'm not used to buying toys for little boys. I have bought him an outfit already, but I also want to get him a toy. What are some good ones, that aren't real expensive, for a 2 year old?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most children that age love Spongebob and cuddly things. A Spongebob Pillow Pet averages about $24 and is sold in places like Walmart and Amazon.

51Zz23vDCIL._SX342_.

Or how about a panda Pillow Pet for $18.50?

41p4RZya7AL._SX300_.

They are friends that your nephew can go to sleep on.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I think that you should choose some simple toy, with many colors and made ​​of some soft material. The kids really enjoy this kind of toys. You too can opt for a didactic toy for a child to develop his intellectual faculties and to learn while playing. In today's market there are plenty of alternatives. The important thing is that toy is recommended for children under 3 years because security is a very important factor for the tranquility of adults. :D

4. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend toys that would enhance their skills and improve their learning abilities. Some of the ideas can be read here..

5. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    This looks like fun! I want one. :)

little-tikes-gas-n-go-mower-3887723-01.
    little-tikes-gas-n-go-mower-3887723-04.

Attached Files:

6. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    When buying toys, make sure to pick the ones that do not have small parts with them. two-year-old kids tend to put everything on their mouth and the small pieces or small parts of the toys may choke them. So, avoid for the meantime matchbox and little toy cars, for their wheels may be detached and they might put that in their mouth. For a two-year-old, it is best to give educational toys and something that will stimulate their brains. It is the stage where they absorb everything they see and hear, and having educational toys around them will enhance their intelligence. Examples are toys that identifies colors, numbers, and shapes. Also, a Lego is a good choice for it will also enhance their imagination and creativity.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'd get him a light soccer ball to kick about, I've been buying this for my nephews and step-grandsons when they are at that age and they love it, it isn't an expensive thing to but either.

8. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    Wow, thanks for the replies. These all sound like great gifts. I love to buy little kids stuffed animals and I have bought him several already for various reasons. He likes them too. Since he is older and can get around now, I really had no idea what to get him. I loved the lawn mower, that is too cool. The ball idea is great also. All little boys and girls love balls and you're right, it is an inexpenive gift for a lot of fun. I appreciate the reminder about small parts and little ones putting things in their mouth all the time. It's been awhile since mine was little and that did slip my mind. Thanks again everyone for all your suggestions. I can't wait to go shopping now.

9. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I have a 2 year old son and he's starting to appreciate his books now, i noticed that he scans his books a lot and wants me to read them to him. I suggest you buy him a book with colorful pictures in them. I'm sure your nephew will love it, it will also promote parent-baby bonding and will enhance the baby's cognitive skills.

10. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    For 2 years old boys you can give him toys which make some beautiful noise, with lighting. He loved it so much. You can give him. For more variety of toys you can

11. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    At the age of 2 your yearning for him to discover 1 most beloved thing is more stupendous than his to play with 1 most beloved thing. They jump at the chance to investigate -Alot, so their consideration compass isn't extremely yearn for any one toy has been my encounter. They'll even play with the cardboard boxes that the toys come in! Therfore, I might prescribe either something instructive like childrens books on his most beloved subjects (cars,dinosaurs and so on.) , or something that improves his creative energy and imagination (possibly a play set that mimmicks whatever you or your spouse accomplish professionally -jokes love to be like mama and daddy). Whatever you pick however, don't be extremely disillusioned assuming that he doesn't play with it 24/7. It doesn't mean he doesn't prefer it, it just implies he is 2.
    Good fortunes!

#11Jul 1, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013