What Are The Benefits Of Buying A Smartwatch?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Aasif Khan • Jun 21, 2015.

1. Aasif Khan

Aasif KhanMember

Threads:
    I am in love with a LG G Watch Urbane. It looks like a real watch unlike the other smartwatches out there. It is very costly(about $450) and I am not sure if it is going to justify its price tag . Will a smartwatch really help me to look at my phone less often? What are the benefits of using a smartwatch? Have you bought one yet?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you want to save a few seconds here and there, then a smartwatch is the perfect addition. These devices are currently convenience accessories rather than standalone devices or devices that you can use without a paired smartphone. You won't have to reach in your pocket to see notifications, emails, send messages, or take calls, so you could save a few minutes every day.

Add that up over the course of a year, and you've got a few dozen hours of time saved not reaching for your phone. That's mroe than worthwhile for some users.

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Good point from a point of view, but isn't this just an unfounded caprice? Whenever you get a call or email, why would you not slip up the phone out of your pocket to answer/see it? Have we really become this lazy? haha.

Though if you can afford such device, then I really don't have absolutely anything against you buying it. After all, time is money, am I right?

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I must be living in a different world. It's the first time I hear about a smartwatch. What exactly does a smartwatch do? Do you get internet access on it? I imagine a gadget that you wear on your wrist. So, it seems strange to me to check my mail via my wrist watch... wondering whether it's FB time soon. :)
    I am going to google it now to get more information on it. Please excuse my ignorance.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you can afford it and it will make you happy then why not? Personally, I couldn't see a use for a smartwatch but they do look good!

6. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    It's a digital accessory which I really love to have. I don't mind having one, but it won't replace my phone. I think it's more of a device which actually makes you use your phone more, since it'll notify you of notifications and other things.

If you have the extra money, go ahead and spend on it. It's not a necessity to have it, however it is definitely a nice addition for your smartphone collection.