What are the best questions to get to know someone with?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by JoanMcWench • Oct 26, 2013.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I was reading about the speed dating thing that seems pretty popular nowadays and it begged the question of this thread. What are the questions you ask and why would you ask them? I would think age, occupation, and what do you do with your free time would get monotonous after about sixty seconds of it. What are some fun and imaginative questions that would also give you a better perspective of a person?

2. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know what I would ask besides the obvious questions. I would ask if they like dogs and what their goals in life are. I would probably ask what their ideal date was and what type of movies they like to watch. Those are the only questions I can think of that I might ask.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always think it's important to know their profession, how old they are, if they have ever been married and have kids. I believe you should never have pre-thought questions when going on a date. Just let it flow naturally! So for speed dating I would go with all those standard questions first and go from there.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think asking specific questions will actually help you to find out the kind of person he or she is. However, one thing I do know for sure is that by asking some questions, you will decide whether or not you will date with that person. I, for example, usually ask simple questions such as favorite hobbies, food, places to go, and etc. I don't usually ask questions that considered sensitive to both of us. I believe it won't hurt to ask questions, but that is not me.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know.. I see more in a person by how they carry themselves and treat others. I would want to know what they do for a living and other boring questions, but the important stuff doesn't come in words and could be faked if they did. I could never do the speed dating thing because of it, it's not enough time at all lol. To get to the actual date where you can find out the good stuff though, I'd ask about the things that would work well with your life. For me, that would be kids.. I wouldn't want someone with children, I have my own. Job, are they close to their family etc. The things that would make it or break it with you would be different. Unique questions won't really give you the important stuff..

6. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    I do not want to creep the hell out of my date but I would definitely ask their familial history about diseases. Or not. Other than the obvious questions, I would probably ask what their favorite sport is or their favorite music genre. I read it somewhere around the web that when two share the same taste in music, they get along well.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    My mom met a new guy and he said she could ask him anything she wanted-- so she asked him if he had his real teeth still. I think that's so funny!
    I haven't dated in so long, I think I'd just want to talk at first, about anything in common...

8. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    Yeah I don't think they are truly any specific questions that will get the most out of meeting everyone you meet. I think the best thing to do is just talk to them and see where the conversation goes. I also think some questions are just extremely invasive when you first meet someone. Like I saw in here to ask their age... that is just rude to ask of someone you just met and in the work world it is illegal to ask in an interview how old someone is. So I'm personally not a fan of that one at all!