What Are You Reading?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by Nikole • Mar 4, 2015.

1. Nikole

NikoleMember

Threads:
    Right now I'm taking a break from fiction to read a For Dummies book on my DSLR camera, trying to learn some new tips and tricks for my photography, but when I need a "break" from the user-manual type reading, I've been switching over to comic books. So what is everyone reading and what do you think of it so far?

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment I am reading a book by Janet Evanovich called "Two for the Dough" . Its a mixture of humor and drama about a female bounty hunter who really isn't very good at her job..lol Its an easy read and right now that is exactly what I need :)

3. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    It seems lately I have been on a "thriller" kick reading The Professor, My Sister's Grave, and First to Kill. All great books by the way... But I just bought a book on sale called "The Brilliants" for $1.99 off of Amazon onto my Kindle. So far it seems to be kind of like the X - Men comics, but just a little more adult. I like it so far.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still stuck with Steve Berry's The Templar Legacy and Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird. Procrastination kicked in and my motivation has currently hit an all-time low. Perhaps in the next few days I'll get to finish reading these novels. Much as I would like to keep pursuing my hobbies, work often gets in the way. Sooner or later, I'll make money out of my hobbies.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Sadly, I haven't read any book for about a month now. I'm pretty busy working and I just don't have much time anymore to read. It's actually pretty frustrating since I have always been a bookworm.

6. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm currently reading Death of WCW. I'm a wrestling fan, so this is a nice "light reading" for me for when I don't feel like doing much.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of reading fiction books anymore. Right now different online magazines and non-fiction books fill my daily cravings. I have Flipboard on my tablet right now and it allows me to have the latest articles on my favorite magazines such as Men's Fitness, Men's Health, Bleacher Report, etc.

I also read a lot of For Dummies material because I find them very helpful in teaching a lot of things on a wide range of subjects. I've read C++ for Dummies and Japanese for Dummies lately to name a few. I haven't finished them yet though.

8. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I am a fan of fantasy novels like Harry Potter and Lord of the Ring. I also love action-packed novels such as Divergent and After Earth as well as mystery thriller novels of Dan Brown. Right now I'm reading Insurgent novel.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was reading, or rather listening to The Celestine Prophecy. The audiobook, to be exact. But the beginning is a little boring? I know that the more you get into the book, the better and more interesting and insightful it gets. I have been meaning to finish this book for a long time now, and still haven't. But I know that it has a lot to offer, which is why I am going to one day finish it.

10. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I am back into the self help world so now I am reading the Napoleon Hill book "Grow Rich with Peace of Mind." Its a good read so far and since I have already read his book Think and Grow Rich, I am learning a bit more here. I will read anything that will help me on my journey for self improvement.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have heard of Think and Grow Rich. I think that I downloaded the audiobook at one point? If I am not mistaken, it is written by James Redfield? I have heard many theories on the concept of thinking riches into being, and as with everything else that the mind is capable of, I believe that thinking riches into being is more than possible!!!

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm reading Sir Gawain and the green knight which is a classic. I haven't read it since University but am doing some research on Arthurian legends and it's ideal but some background characters. It's not an easy read, but it's challenging and also fun to see all my old notes I wrote in it years ago.

13. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently reading Tony Robbins' book "Money: Master The Game". I'm into personal development and I'm into personal finance so it basically combines the two areas of interest. It's a bit of a chunky book though. I think he could have made it a fair bit smaller!