What Are You Saving Up For?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mackmax • Jan 25, 2015.

1. Mackmax

MackmaxMember

Threads:
    I love to shop, and I am actually planning to go on a huge shopping spree in a few weeks. I'll be buying clothes, makeup, shoes, jewelry, and perfumes. I mean it when I say I can't wait, lol.
    However, I've taken an interest in Michael Kors purses in the past few months, and I'm set on buying one. I've even put a little bit of money aside to save up for one. I have a few that I really like, but I haven't set my eyes on one specific purse just yet. I plan on saving a good $300, since their purses are pretty expensive, and so far I'm one sixth of the way there, lol. It will be my first purse ever, so I'm pretty excited.
    What are you saving up for?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm saving up for emergencies, because you couldn't really know when you are going to need money and when emergency is going to strike. So, it's always a good way to put your money on insurance, so they grow and you don't really get to spend them. I don't always save money for emergency though. When I really like something, I really save so much. I even cut down my food.

3. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I would definitely say that I'm saving up to invest, not just saving up to spend. First I'll invest to end up with a stable income, then, since this is in the fashion section of the forum, I would purchase a whole lot of clothes.

I'm from the Philippines and clothes are really cheap here, so I would be able to buy loads of clothes.

Thrift shops are really popular also, which makes clothes even more affordable. I don't really care so much about quality sometimes. If it looks good on me, then why not get it?

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm try to save in general, so I have "fall back" money for when the inevitable happens. But, I'm also saying up to get a PS3 and a Canon Rebel T5i. The camera is the recent most recent version of my Rebel XTi, but it's about 700 bucks. Yikes. Hopefully after saving up and maybe finding some where who has it for cheaper, I'll be able to get it! The PS3 I'm still hemming and hawing over. I technically have plenty enough money to get one, but I can't decide if I'll be able to use it enough to justify the amount it costs. Also, I technically want a gaming PC not a console but there are a LOT of exclusives I really wanna play on the PS3. :eek: It's so hard to decide!

5. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm saving up to do some shopping for the Spring. I'm already over this cold weather we are having in the east coast and I just want some new clothes for the warmer months. I get new clothes every Spring and this season won't be any different.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am currently saving up to travel to New York. I have never traveled before, so I have been fishing around for flight prices. After flying to New York, the person that I am travelling with wants us to then fly back to California. Santa Rosa, to be exact. So I'm going to have to save up to get my passport renewed, spending money, and then the return ticket to Santa Rosa, and back home again, as well as cab rides to the airport in-between :/ I have no idea how I am going to do it, but where there is a will there is a way right??

7. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not saving up for material things yet. I'm saving up for something intangible everyone calls "the future." My savings cover, among others, a plane ticket to a place where I plan to relocate hopefully within this year. Aside from an emergency fund, other considerations are relocation, work visa and school fees. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping against hope my plan would work.

8. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Good question. I'm not sure. I think I'm saving up for future travels, partly; to be able to buy what I desire in the future without feeling too guilty about it; for books; for a pair of hiking shoes and new sportswear eventually maybe. None of this is too pressing, so I'm saving up as much as I can until the moment I *need* it more, and then I can choose to spend my savings accordingly, hopefully not wiping them out completely.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm mostly just saving up for new devices but as for clothes I'm planning on buying a good amount of new clothes for my wardrobe since it's already the new year and I haven't bought new clothes since late last year. I'm planning on buying some nice jeans that are good quality so I'm probably going to have to pay a bit more for it.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm saving up for what I want and need to buy, and for a rainy day in general. But I noticed that it's quite hard to save when online deals are pretty much everywhere, I tend to buy things that I don't need at all. Saving for me is quite a challenge these days.

11. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This too!!! I hate spending money when I am living on the brink of my bank account. It sucks spending money and then having an empty bank account or purse, and then having to build the money back up again before you can purchase other things, without feeling worried. I just want to b comfortable. Money seems to be the only way to do that where travelling is concerned too.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We share our love of shopping, I'm a self confessed shopaholic :) However, I couldn't imagine spending $300 on a purse (not sure if you mean a handbag or a purse purse as in ladies wallet?), especially not now as we're tight for cash. Staying afloat is my main priority right now.
    But I'm so green with envy, and hope you enjoy your splash out/shopping spree. Hey, you don't even need me to tell you that LOL

13. tournique

tourniqueActive Member

Threads:
    I need to save up in order to upgrade my pc. I really need to pick up video editing again and sharpen my skills maybe do a little freelance. It's kinda hard at the moment because i'm going through a rough patch with costs. But everything will pass and I really hope for some more money soon :D

14. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Enjoy your spending spree Mackmax, you deserve it! I'm not really in a postion to be spending much on non-essentials right now as I'm paying off debts. However, I will be clear within 6 months and I plan to splurge then!

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am currently trying to save up to travel to Europe at the end of the year on my next vacation, however my year did not start so well when it comes to expenses, so I am not still sure if I'll be able to do that! I'm hoping I will, and that is what I'm looking forward to this year!

16. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Right now I am saving up for a new laptop. I had saved up around $100 in gift cards, but I used that for Christmas shopping. Now I am back to $23 and need $200 to buy a laptop on Amazon. I should get there in about a few months. Wish me luck!

17. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I am saving for a trip to Paris. It's been my dream to go there and see for myself the famous Eiffel Tower and of course the Disneyland. I only see it on TV and I want to see it personally for myself. I have a long lists of places I want to visit and I'll take it one at a time. My next destination after Paris would be Italy. Wow!! I cannot wait to go there.

18. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I'm just saving in general I guess, I wouldn't say that I am saving up for anything specific yet.
    But the saving can get a little hectic when people are constantly asking you for money.

I would like to get some new equipment so I can do better videos for my youtube channels, but I'm not even sure when I will pull the trigger on that.