What are you summer DIY projects?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Lostvalleyguy • May 8, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to summer, many of us take the opportunity to make a few improvements around the home. Doing it yourself can save a lot of money but it can be frustrating if you don't know what you are doing. For me, I will be turning a rockpile into a lawn and replacing a wood stove. I could hire landscapers and machinery for the lawn and hire someone to do the stove but I would prefer to do it myself. This will not only save me a little money, it will give me something to do and I will probably appreciate the results more.

Have you any projects to work on over the summer? Is it worth it to you to hire someone rather than to do it yourself?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My husband and I would really like to build our own pizza oven or stove. We have a friend who built one from brick and clay and he cooks all sorts of breads and stews in it. He is one of those persons who has a knack for building things from nothing. We are not as talented but have found this guide and think we might be able to do it:

We love making homemade pizza and much like a bon-fire effect; sitting outside while you wait for your pizza to cook with some of your best friends is a great way to spend the better part of your year. The problem I can foresee is it would not allow for you to make large amounts, but even when I make pizza in my oven I can only do one sheet at a time.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Probably the biggest project I'd like to fix at my house is get our sprinkler system working in the front and backyard and just be able to set it on a timer. Currently, we water through one of those hose sprinklers (can't remember the name of it). While it does an ok job, it misses good portions of the lawn and it's something i have to monitor and be home for to go turn the water off. Having the automatic sprinklers to go on and off at a certain time would be a great help to making our lawn look nice.

4. KymARenner

KymARennerNew Member

Threads:
    Totally agree with you,I too love DIYs! I made some lamp shades and wall painting................everyone at home loves them(although they aren't that good).

5. Aquila

AquilaBanned

Threads:
    There is always a need of having things planned because at they end they work and lets us have a lot,Till the the time the concept of having appropriate knowledge is the way how it all can groom and surely a betterment can be have with it so yeah.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My summer DIY projects are painting certain rooms in my house and making pillows for the sofa. I don't have advance skills to do other stuff such as building tables or chairs. I like doing it myself because I don't have patience for hiring people to come into my home for hours on end. I am about saving money and if it is something I can do by myself, then I will make the time to get the job done.

7. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    My only summer project is to crochet a few scarves for fall and winter.

I used to crochet all of the time, but got busy doing other things. Now, I am going to get back into this hobby. Besides being fun, it's really relaxing and helps relieve stress. When I am watching a movie and crocheting, I can't worry about bills, boyfriends, work or anything else. My mind is free.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would just like to finish framing the pictures I have sitting around the apartment because we've lived here for 8 months and we have nothing hanging on the walls.
    It's not going to feel like a real home until all our pictures are up. The bare walls bother me, but I've been too busy lately to do anything about them.

9. usengineers

usengineersNew Member

Threads:
    I would like to create stylish dinner table and study table for my lovely childrens because sometime they love to eat dinner with their own friends at their own room that's why we will design dinner table and study table

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My summer project is to plant a flower garden in the front flower bed in the new home I just moved into. There are plants there now that are not really what I would like to see there. The plants have not been cared for so they do not look at that good. I have to decide what I would like to see there and now that fall is coming I will have to get the plants into the ground soon, Mums for sure.