What are your cures for constimpation?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by H.C. Heartland • Jun 30, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I know this is not the most delightful of topics. But what do you do for constipation? I have read that a warm glass of hot water first thing in the morning gets 'the system' running. I am trying to research natural remedies as opposed to over the counter but I would not be opposed to hearing all options.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been lucky and have not suffered from this problem very often, but when I do I don't mess about I will buy Dulcolax, take 2 of them before I go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning I'm good to go. :) And they only cost £2.29 at my local Boots. :)

3. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I eat a lot of fruit first thing in the morning. I eat one banana, two apples, 5 slices of watermelon and I am good to go. You can any type of fruit you like. Also eat more peas, beans etc. Eat less meat and cookies. Drink lots of water.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    As limitless mentioned - water and fruit will do the trick. The key is the fiber in the fruit. You can buy psyllium fiber at many health food stores and it is relatively inexpensive. This is a good natural alternative to a laxative. It won't work as quickly but will keep you regular and you can take it daily without having to worry about side effects or a reduction in effectiveness. It can take a body a week or so to adjust to a diet increased in fiber so thet may be a transition period. You need to make sure to get lots of water as it will keep everything moving.

Coffee can help to keep things moving as well but it can also have other unwanted effects if you are not a fan of coffee.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The best remedy, in my opinion, is to each a lot of fiber during these times. You could get it by eating more fruits or you could also opt to just buy it in capsule form or even in drink form, which I personally prefer. I usually just buy some fiber juice drink that usually has some small flakes in it, and I often just drink this anyway even when I'm feeling well because I feel like it keeps me regular and cleansed because fiber also helps soak up oils we intake, if I understood it correctly.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I usually treat constipation problems with special teas (biguerlai) but sad to say you can't go anywhere far when you take this tea. On the other hand, for preventive measures - I run (for exercise), take lots of water, and eat fiber-rich fruits like pineapples. I am now doing this regularly and so far no constipation problems for years now. :)

7. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I would start by consuming 8 eight ounce glasses of water daily, adding fruit and vegetables to my diet daily. But, you should really try to visit some clinic for help. Also try taking some colon cleanse, especially one that has senna as one of its ingredients. If you cannot get all that water in, try having soups (broths are better), and no, soda is not considered water. That is one of the worst things you could consume. This is not something to play around with, given how sick lots of us get from episodes like this. All the best, start now!

A great herbal remedy is Wheatgrass. This has an overall positive effect on your body and prevents any digestive conditions such as constipation, loose motions, stomach cramps, etc. It cleanses your intestines and balances your body.

8. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I reccommend Apple Cidar Vinager with the Mother. I use this everyday, and it is great for constipaton. It also has a lot of other uses, and is great for you since it will help put your body in the proper ph. Our bodies are like 99.99% water, due to recent studies, so to get yourself in the proper ph is a very big deal! Read about it and decide for yourself.:cool:

9. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    You want a no nonsense cure for constipation? Well, it's as simple as it is cheap, and you won't have to mess around with putting anything yucky up your butt, or down your throat for that matter.

Go to your local supermarket. Buy two/three packs of Clementine Oranges. Eat them all. Not only because they'll help, but also because they're just delicious!

Wait approximately two to four hours, and enjoy the freedom of no longer having any issues...just be sure you can get to a toilet in time is all.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just eat Quaker Oats when I'm constipated, and the following morning, my stool is more "flexible" already. You should try it. It also can serve as a great and healthy snack too.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Water is all you need. Just keep drinking it until everything passes. Diet is the reason a person will get constipated (or the, ahem, opposite lol), so diet is the only way to avoid it as well. Barring illness of course, which I'll argue is due to diet as well. I wouldn't suggest the usual fibre remedy, as fibre can add too much bulk, and pressure from the gases, to the intestines which will cause all sorts of other issues. The healthiest, safest way to remedy is to drink and eat plenty of fluids.. once it's through, prevent prevent prevent, by eating real foods. Your body will never play by the rules when it doesn't recognize what you're putting into it.