What Are Your Experiences With The Roomba?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by RapidRaven • May 12, 2015.

1. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    I'm interested in buying an iRobot Roomba Vacuum Cleaner Robot, to automatically vacuum clean my home's carpeting. It'll allow me to focus on other cleaning tasks, as well as make cleaning under most furniture much easier (no furniture moving required). However, I just wanted to know about the gadget's reliability and effectiveness before purchasing it. After all, it costs around $300-$400 at minimum.

2. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I watched some reviews on youtube and most of the people that were reviewing them said they were really good and that the only thing that they think were wrong with them are a few hiccups that it may have here and there. I want to get one myself and I have been wanting to see what other people on here would have to say about it as well.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The lower end models are great devices, but they're nothing compared to Roomba's best vacuum model. I've heard only positive things about that particular model, and it's something that can save you tons of time across the span of a year. I'd recommend getting one, and I only wish that I could afford one myself!

4. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I have wanted a Roomba for years but I am hesitant to shell out the money. We bought one for my grandmother several years ago. It was great for her small apartment, but the cup that collects the dirt and such was a bit small. I have a dog and 2 cats, so I honestly think it wouldn't be able to keep up with the amount of pet hair around here. I have to vacuum daily with the big vacuum, I can't imagine the small collection cup in the roomba would be as effective. I wouldn't mind having it for my hard surfaces, like my kitchen and laundry room, but I can't justify the cost for such a small area.