What Are Your Favorite (FREE) Outdoor Activities?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by nwitt • Apr 25, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I think most people can agree that enjoying the outdoors is a great way to save money. What are your favorite free outdoor activities to participate in? I love running outside, because it gives me something to look at or focus on and it also allows me the opportunity to train properly for races.

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am an outdoors person who gets cabin fever if I am trapped within four walls for too long. I love walking, climbing, swimming, riding my bike, just to name a few priceless activities that I engage in in my spare time. My old bike takes me wherever I want to go, and my walking shoes get replaced every year or so. One doesn't need to spend much money to stay active and have fun in nature. :)

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Running! I'm not much of an outdoor workout kind of person, not because I don't like being outdoor, but because I feel like people are staring at me and I don't like that when I workout.
    But running in the first hours of the morning when there's close to no one outside yet, breathing some fresh air is great! I highly recommend running at around 6 am, the best outdoor activity!

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I agree - I love running very early in the morning or late at night when no one else is out. I feel like I am completely at ease because I can focus on my running and escape my everyday worries :)

5. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Running. First, because this is the only free outdoor sport that I know for now. Other things that I know and that I do are not free like tennis. But even if it were not the only that I know, it would still be favorite. I like because it's so simple, could be easy and could be hard. I can do it even if I were weak; I would just have to lessen the intensity. And definitely, when I am strong I can do it. During this time, I would just have to level up the intensity for more sweating performance.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Here are some of the free things I like to do:

- Go for a long walk
    - Go for a run over the local park
    - Play football with friends
    - Visit museums (we have a lot of them in the UK, and most of them are free)
    - Watch stand-up comedy shows (we have lots of shows in London that are free to attend)

There isn't a lot you can do in London because the tourists have made the venders and owners bump up the price, but there are still a few things they have charged for just yet. :)