What Are Your Favorite House Plants?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Adrianna • Jul 6, 2015.

1. Adrianna

AdriannaNew Member

Threads:
    I'd like to start up having some good plants in The House. Any suggestions?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I like ornamental ivy and peace lilies. They are so easy to take care of because they don't die quickly if you forget to water them and they can tolerate a lot of water if you accidentally over water them. Another great one is the snake plant. It is supposed to be excellent for cleaning the air. It does not like much water though, and will rot if given too much.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen some nice cactus plants being sold for indoor display. And according to feng shui, they are good for attracting wealth too. Take a look at this link for more info:

4. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    "lilies" definitely it would be a good start.
    White-tiger-lily-top-hd-wide-wallpapers-for-desktop-background.

5. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have always loved the Wandering Jew, a hanging basket indoor plant. I had one but it dies on me because I had been watering it with cold water. I learned in another forum here that using warm water is best. It can get pretty lengthy but taking cuttings and fingering them into the soil starts a new vine. It worked for me until I lost it using the cold water.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the golden pothos, Chinese evergreen, ZZ plant, jade plant, and peace lily for indoor plants. They can tolerate low light and a little neglect and still look great. My golden pothos survived being thrown against a wall by vandals and grew back.
    And they're easy to propagate, so you can get free plants forever from one healthy pothos.