What Are Your Favorite Places To Eat?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Adrianna • Jul 6, 2015.

1. Adrianna

AdriannaNew Member

Threads:
    I love going to Whole Foods or a health food store to eat. The salad bar or hot food bar is great.

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    My own kitchen. I don't really like going it to eat. It's never as good as the price tag is high. I do like to go to local coffee shops though, but that's more for s beverage and maybe a snack, and since it's not such s big deal, it's easier than get together with people more often if there is less my net involved.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    As DancingLady said, I don't really like going out to eat that much because of the cost and its not just healthy in the long run. But I absolutely love going to Chipotle and getting Safeway sandwiches. Chipotle just has great food and you get a big serving for a decent cost. Same goes for Safeway sandwiches. Unlike Subway, they actually put a lot of meat in them and it fills you up. The Safeway sandwiches are a better price too.

What I like about both places too is while they aren't exactly healthy for you to eat often, you still get SOME nutrition from eating at Chipotle and Safeway. The same can not be said for eating at Carl's Jr or Burger King

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like eating at home a nice fresh salad and some fruit make me very happy. A good restaurant for me is Ruby Tuesday because I can get all the salad and fruit I want.

5. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    If it's not something I'm making with my own hands I want it to be something a grandmother is making for me. Bonus points if I can help make it with her. Whose grandmother? I could care less.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm actually more fond of eating at home, really. I love cooking and perfecting recipes to where they're restaurant quality or better, not to mention I can do so at a fraction of the cost. It's nice to get a meal out every now and then but overall I'm just as happy to stay at home and do my own thing.

7. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I also prefer cooking and eating at home. But if I do want to treat myself, I like the mid-priced local restaurants downtown. Just took myself out on a lunch date to one of these places today, in fact. They use organic ingredients, locally sourced when possible. Considering that, the food is a rather decent price if you’re careful with what you order. It’s quite rewarding when I manage to find a place like that.

8. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Chinese Takeout - I'm a sucker for their fried rice, Bourbon Chicken, General Tso's Chicken, Kung Pao Chicken or Shrimp, House Fried Rice, BBQ Pork, and many other items. Plus when I would buy a dinner portion of some combo meal for like $7.50 or so, it was enough to last me for three meals easily.

Penn Station - I absolutely love their fresh cut fries and freshly cooked sandwiches. Everything you order there is made to order, including the fries themselves. Nothing sits around under a heat lamp or in a steam table. Their vegetarian sandwich is also really good, with tons of artichokes, mushrooms, mayo and cheese - I'm not even vegetarian and I order it about half the time that I go there.

Jimmy Johns - another place where I actually love their Veggie sandwich and order it more than their meat based offerings, which are also really good too. The main thing I love about them though, is that they are fast so you don't have to worry about getting stuck in some long line and waiting around forever for your order. Plus their ingredients are just a whole lot fresher and of higher quality than Subway.

Asian Chao - these are usually found in mall food courts, and their employees are often seen passing out samples of bourbon chicken. Not only do I love that stuff, I'm also a sucker for their steamed cabbage and vegetables. I usually get a double order of it in place of the rice. I don't know what they do to it to give it so much flavor, but it's addictive.

BP- don't laugh, and no I'm not kidding, their breakfast bagel sandwiches blow away places like McDonalds, Burger King, Dunkin Donuts, and other more popular fast food joints. They're huge and super filing and made fresh every morning, so you don't have to sit through some long drive thru line - just run in and grab one from under the heat lamp and you're good to go.

9. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like Whole Foods as the one near me has a wide variety of foods that are ready to eat. They also have some unusual foods that make good snacks. As far as eating out goes, I like PF Changs or Lazy Dog Cafe.

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in San Diego, so I pretty much have access to any and every cuisine imaginable. Still, I stick to the staples of Mexican food and burgers. I'm not picky about where I eat as long as the food is good for the type of place I'm at. For instance, I'll settle for McDonald's and be happy as long as the burger is good for a McDonald's burger. I'm not expecting magic. At Mexican shops, I expect a lot better and I know that out of dozens of Mexican options, only a handful of them are really that good.