What are your favorite television commercials and why?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ruth B. • Jun 26, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I know, most commercials are such a pain. Either they are trying to tell you you are sick, and this drug will make it better, and then here is what to take cuz the drug is likely to kill you, and when it does, here, this lawyer will help your family sue. LOL, that is pretty true, you must admit! :)

But lately I saw a car commercial using David Bowie's Fame. ♫♪ Fame, fame fame, fame fame ♫♪ whatcha name whatcha name whacha name♫♪ came on. Now I'm humming it. constantly. Dang I loved that song, and David.

And speaking of car commercials, you know the one where the dog starts out as a puppy, and this couple goes somewhere, and then the couple have a child, and the dog is bigger, and then he is an older dog and there they are driving the same kind of vehicle. Well I love it for the dog. It tears me up it's so sweet cuz he has ears and a facial look like one of ours did.

Commercials with music you like, or something catchy. I love the cute little geico gecko. And the Afflac Duck. How funny. Oh, and a classic for me the rhythm of the Kit Kat commercial. I LOVE that. ♫♪ Break me off a piece of that kit kat bar. ♫♪ I play out that percussion no matter what I'm doing, if I'm cooking, it's knocking on pots, etc, lol

Obviously, I could go on, but what are your faves, those that are not annoying or negative?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel like today commercials aren't what they used to be. One of my favorites I can't even remember much about it. I just remember a dog getting the person a beer. That still bugs me that I can't remember because I've tried looking for it online with no luck.
    Other than that, the M&M commercials are usually good.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely watch TV anymore, and that's mainly because the programs don't interest me and the commercials irritate me even with the sound off. There used to be such clever and funny commercials once, but I haven't noticed any for a long time. These days it's all about being loud, irritating and "in your face". Also, I feel tired of constantly being bombarded with products that I should be buying.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Most of them of them are really crazy. But I used to love that Orkin commercial where the bug would always get out of dodge when he sees the Orkin van.

5. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    There is a car commercial with a darling little girl in the backseat with a toy steering wheel. Her Daddy is driving around a large, empty parking lot in a somewhat sporty style while the girl pretends she is driving. The little girl is as good as Shirley Temple. I also lihed the Toyota "Hum song" commercial, but the video of the singer on You-tube was better,

6. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I crack up every time I see the GEICO commercial where it says, "Well, did you know Pinnochio wasn't that good of a motivational speaker?" It's just such an outrageous bit, and the look on the poor fellow's face is just priceless. Ironically though, this is one of those commercials that is so good that I often just remember the joke and not what it is actually advertising, but I guess some of it got through because I remembered it's GEICO (who has had some very good ads over the years)

7. thomas pendrake

thomas pendrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My older son (43 yrs) says the Pinnochio ad is his favorite. I have noticed another commercial which shows an adult woman behind a steering wheel mimicking the little girl I mentioned above. The geico gecko ads are brilliant. Someone has fun writing them, and probably gets paid good money as well. Great gig.

#7Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the recent Arby's commercials that say "We have all the meats." The way they do close ups on the meats ,bounce the meats and lovingly describe the meats as the reward for being at the top of the food chain is funny to me.