What Are Your Fitness Related Financial Regrets?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by richc3 • Apr 20, 2016.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Whether it be falling to the hype, a New Years resolution, hopeful thinking, or this idea that spending more money on your health is never really a bad thing, sometimes we're too quick to open our wallets.

If you're like me, maybe you've put a lot of money into supplements, whey proteins, certain foods for a diet, equipment, gym memberships or what have you. Looking back, is there anything that really stands out to you as something you regret dropping so much money on?

For me, I mostly regret multi-vitamins and alike. I just find most of the contents are what you'll get eating a relatively standard diet and anything you may be deficient in then you're probably better off investing in that specific vitamin.

How about you?

2. Jitters

JittersNew Member

Threads:
    All of those silly supplements I bought over the years.
    No it's just whole foods and protein powder.
    So much is just false advertising, we all want a dream body but unfortunately there is no shortcut, you have to have routine and strictness, much better than any supplement.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me it is a year of gym membership that I paid for that I could not use due to a bad knee injury right after I signed up for the membership. I don't take a lot of supplements or purchase a lot of equipment because I prefer to walk as my daily workout. I did purchase a hoola hoop which is working out fine for muscle toning.

4. Jitters

JittersNew Member

Threads:
    Did you know that most gyms have to let you end your contract if you have a doctors note as to why you're unable to attend (at east in the UK).
    Hope this helps

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm guilty of buying food that's supposedly healthy but eventually I just let them get old and go to waste because I was too busy eating the unhealthy junk food. This happens because I sometimes get motivated to eat healthier for a while then by the time I get to shop and go home I've lost some of the motivation and momentum so I mostly just try and force consuming what healthy food I've bought out of guilt and from time to time I don't even feel that guilty at all so I just end up forgetting about the health food and snacks I got until it's too late. I usually just give it away before it becomes total waste though.

6. Lisa Davis

Lisa DavisActive Member

Threads:
    A past regret of mine was investing in a gym membership on contract. I went for a two-year membership because basically it was only about 25% more than a one-year membership. The problem was that it was a gym I hadn't been to before. I toured the facility at an off-peak time and it was fine and had everything I was looking for (which is crazy for me since I like some pretty "premium" gym stuff). However, when I started going, everything was always full. The treadmills were always taken with people waiting in line. I love to swim laps, but you have to reserve a lane ahead of time. The reservations started by phone the day of the scheduled lap swim at 8 AM. I could never get through on the phone to make a reservation and the one time that I got through (at 8:01 AM), I was told all of the lanes were already taken. That was impossible! So, I could never use the pool except for during "open swim" times, which was filled with families and small children that made it impossible to swim one lap, let alone several. Over a thousand dollars down the tubes....lesson learned.

7. maxen57

maxen57Active Member

Threads:
    I've tried HCG oral drops for $50 per bottle that worked and helped me lose 20lbs. But because I reverted back to my old eating habits, I'm now gaining those weight back. There's nothing wrong with the product but I wish I was able to stick to it. The product is pricey and I wasn't able to continue on using it. I was hungry most of the time too and 500 calories is all I'm allowed to have while using it. I wasn't able to monitor what I eat after using it. Bottomline, I should've just used the money for a gym membership and buy myself healthier food choices. The most I need to work on is my discipline and willpower. Any amount of money will not be able to buy you a healthier body if you won't even help yourself.