What are your kids wanting for Christmas this year?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by ChristiQ • Oct 5, 2012.

1. ChristiQ

ChristiQMember

Threads:
    Stores are already stocking their Christmas wares. Stores like Walmart, Kmart, and Toys R Us are already posting their "must-have" toy list. Have your kids told you what is on their Christmas list yet?

I try to start shopping and planning early, so I ask the kids early what they want. In years past, I have driven myself crazy trying to get everything on their list. When they're making their list, I try to keep it in line and make sure they're not hoping for something really expensive and just not possible.

So far this year, my 9-year-old and 11-year-old are wanting a DSiXL or a 3DSXL, whichever they can get. Their current DSs are about wore out. In fact, my son's is broken. My teenage boys are pretty easy to shop for. They usually want Xbox games and stuff like that. We'll see how much "Santa" has to spend.

I know the stores are pushing the Furby, but for $50+ -- it ain't happening, even if the kids want it. My kids are pretty money smart, so they know they'd rather have the $50+ spent on something more enjoyable.

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    My kids are under 3 and haven't caught on to the whole gifts for Christmas thing yet. This will probably be the last year my oldest is oblivious to the gift giving, we are going to enjoy a simple Christmas with just a few presents for each of them. My son got the Rockstar Mickey last year from an uncle. I think he's played with it 5 times. He still prefers a ball or just playing outside. It really is so much simpler when they are small. I can't imagine them expecting a $200 gaming system.

3. ChristiQ

ChristiQMember

Threads:
    It really helps with my 9-year-old and my 11-year-old that we don't have any TV except Netflix, Hulu Plus, and DVDs. We don't see all the commercials that drive kids crazy wanting stuff. They only want stuff that they've seen their friends have or updated versions of what they have now (after the current versions break). I'm trying to restrain myself with my 9-month-old, because she is happiest with a box, but I want to buy all the cute toys I see! lol

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My daughter wants a laptop or netbook, so I'll probably use the layaway program at Walmart.
    She's also really into Sonic the Hedgehog so I'll probably get her Sonic Generations.
    Maybe Sega All Stars Racing Transformed will be out for the holidays.

5. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm somewhat thankful that my son is still young to have a wish list for Christmas. He's only 19 months old. But i guess it won't be too long before he'll be asking for specific gifts every Christmas. For now, I'm contemplating on getting him a big remote controlled car which he can also drive on his own. He's just a sucker for cars so I bet he will love it!

6. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I am taking the easy route out this Christmas, the boys have been wanting to catch up on some movies, I will get them some DVD's on sale ( I would have to search for the ones they really want) and maybe download a couple of them on fancy looking pen drives from netflix and give it to them. That would keep them occupied for sometime during the holidays. LOL ;)

7. sir save a lot

sir save a lotNew Member

Threads:
    My daughter will be 8 this year, however she is easy to shop for. Clothing, dolls and subscriptions to a few online games and she is happy. The main trick is to make sure I let her subscriptions expire about a month before Christmas and then I get her a new one as a gift. Call it cheating if you like, but it works well for me. :cool:

The games I get her subscriptions to are Toontown Online and Club Penguin. She is still a bit small to play the MMOs that I like such as World of Warcraft and Everquest.

#7Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  8. AndroidGirl89

AndroidGirl89New Member

Threads:
    I have two children- one is too young to have specific things she is asking for and my 4 year old has not actually specifically asked for anything! However, I know what she likes so I already have a list of things on Amazon that we will be getting her for Christmas!

9. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My almost-9 year old would live on video game presents alone if we were okay with that, but I'm really trying to shy away from anything that encourages more screen time. Remarkable things he wants now? Crayola airbrush marker, this (I must admit cool) toy car that's also a video camera and can attach to a helmet, and nearly anything RC.

10. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I have a 21 month old and I am not looking forward to her getting older and wanting specific gifts! I hope that my husband and I can set some boundaries and involve her in meaningful traditions like donating or buying gifts to those in need or volunteering at a homeless shelter. I would really like for the focus to not be entirely on gifts.

11. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kids of my own but I do have a 13 month old niece and a 10 year old cousin. My niece is obviously too young to want anything specific so I just stuck with clothes, a stuffed animal and some children's books. My 10 year old cousin was easy to shop for. The only thing on his wishlist were Halo toys. The great thing was that he wasn't even asking for the really expensive sets. He just wanted the little action figures that you can get for under $10. So, I got him a few of those.

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I do not have children, but I got my little cousins, nephews, and little sister presents. Their ages are from 3-9, I got them all something for $5. I think people get so caught up in the prices of gifts, but they are children, they are usually happy with anything they get, because it comes from their love ones. Now, as far as what my nephews asked for. My 5 year old asked for a PSP and the 4 year old asked for a DS...Expensive taste. My mother(their Grandma Daphne) got those for them, but Tee Tee Lika got them a Basketball Goal that you can put over the door, it is heavy duty, but they love the one we have here at the house.

13. Albertharris

AlbertharrisNew Member

Threads:
    Christmas is the best festival to get our preferable gift product. We are looking a wide range of new child kids and toys product at Christmas. I want to buy some child kids for my little brother. I bought a few toys products and clothes for her. She like to play with Barbie dolls and train toys set. She spends more than time to play this nice toys product.

14. prachishah

prachishahNew Member

Threads:
    My sister's kids are small. And they also want some gifts on every Christmas. They always demand something Unique and expensive but My sister do not get them each and everything they want but she does smart work and gift them some useful and necessary for them.

15. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    If i could suggest something, i would say that you should get a 2DS for them. It's basically a 3DS but built for kids, without the 3D, so it doesn't hurt their eyes and it's a lot cheaper.

16. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    Christmas shopping is stressful for me sometimes. I think my kids add every toy they can think of to their list and I stress out trying to get it. At this time I have video games, clothes and a doll house on the list. Let's see what else will be added with in the next few weeks. As long as they deserve what they are asking for, I stress out trying to get it all.

17. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luckily I know my children well because they ask for nothing! Drives me bonkers lol, though I'm very proud they don't put much importance in material things. So I will be buying things that encourage their interests and talents.

18. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

Yeah my daughter wanted one of those furby's but for 60 bucks it is not worth it. They aren't very popular like they were when I was a kid you would think they would be cheaper. Thank god my daughter changed her mind and went for something else. If the Furby was cheaper maybe i'd get it but not for 60 bucks.