What are your most and least favourite means of transport?

Discussion in Travel started by Kek • Aug 14, 2014.

1. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    Let's face it, we all have to travel around. Taking the metro to work, riding the car to the nearest store or flying away to a relaxing holiday, you just can't avoid travelling with vehicles.
    I don't exactly hate any of those, but I don't enjoy riding on cramped buses. The 45 bus ride to my University can be enjoyable, if you find a free seat. Having to stand up at 7am in the morning for almost an hour is pure torture.

I love trains as much as I dislike my bus commutes. I don't know what it is, but travelling with trains is always an awesome experience, specially with the old ones that have coupes! I remember going to Prague with a train like that. My friends and I would stick our heads out the windows, catching the wind in our hair! Amazing!

Out of all the different means of transport you have experienced during your lifetime, which ones do you enjoy the most and which the least? Do you have any stories that made you fall in love with, for instance, trains and made you hate trams? Share them with us!

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite means of travel is by car. I can more easily get where I want to go without waiting for a bus. Personally I find buses to be inconvenient especially if you need to go someplace later at night like run to the grocery store or something you can't really be waiting around for a bus.

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    For short distances like short errands, I always prefer to use a bike. For semi-long distances, I like traveling by car if with the family and if alone, I prefer to ride the bus or the metro train. For really long-distances, I prefer to travel by plane more than by sea (ship). :)

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like traveling by car because whenever I travel I don't have to get to my destination in say a day or less.

When traveling I always want to enjoy every moment of it. If it means stopping at an obscure town for a day or two [if I like it] then I'll do it without ever getting concerned about having to pay a little extra for transportation costs. Should I want to make a detour if for example I heard there was something exciting taking place at some city, I'll drive over.

Traveling by car certainly is very convenient.

5. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    You are right about that. Travelling with a car can be really convenient. You can go off the beaten track and explore the hidden nooks and crannies of the new land. But it has its disadvantages. Petrol does cost a lot if you plan to travel alone. Then there is the constant driving. If you want to make up ground quick, you could get bored of driving the car for a whole day, maybe even two. I would definitely pick a car if I wanted to experience the land and had a few friends with me to split the bill.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like traveling by car but only as a passenger, but I honestly would prefer to travel by train if it were available. We do have them but only the type that is more economical and not at all the leisurely type where there are tables and they serve food. I'd love to experience that and hope to get to do so one day in a foreign country.

7. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I like travelling by public transport. Travelling in a bus at 7 am in the morning with that awesome chilly breeze, its a great feeling. Although, it would be better if I get a seat. Same with the trains. Btw I also like to use a bicycle if that counts. :)