What are your new years shopping resolutions?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by H.C. Heartland • Jan 3, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I have made a resolution to try and buy less online. Last year I bought more than I brought in and so while I am still a real believer in online purchasing, I think I would like to be more balanced in this regard. What about you? What are your new years 'shopping' resolutions, or just your resolutions if any.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just lost an apartment that I loved ,due to a rent increase. So goal one is to find another apartment as fast as possible, goal two is to replace all the items that broke during the move and goal three is to only buy necessities when I move out again so that I don't end up in the same predicament again.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    All the best in your search, we are in the midst of moving from a home we like to an apartment. Although I like the apartment better in that its newer, it is smaller so we are having to down size. I feel your pain as you have to adjust to the new circumstance. Hope you can find a place quickly and replace all your stuff. I just keep telling myself 'Change is good' and am trying not to pine away after things. Its hard though, we were comfortable where we were and had it just how we liked it.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My resolution is to buy only what I need. Last year I bought a lot of things which I thought I'd be using but ended up dumping on some shelf because I didn't need them at that time.

And oh, I won't buy anything with my debit card again this year. I was double-charged for some purchases and wouldn't have learned it had my debit card not been declined when I was paying for something in a store. I don't know how much I've lost from being double-charged in the past but having learned my lesson, I won't use that card for shopping. Cash. That's how I'll pay for everything I buy in real stores. Online, I'll use paypal funds.

5. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    Personally, I don't shop online that much, if at all, although I have heard from many people about how sucked in you can get. One of my goals in regards to shopping is to only buy things that will benefit me or have a lot of use in the future. I find that far too often, I will buy an item that will be left sitting in storage, never to be used again. Another goal is to cut down on buying junk food during the weekly grocery shops. Most of the time, junk food specials in the supermarkets compel me into buying those foods which would have otherwise not been bought. I would like to change my mentality from thinking of how much I am saving from buying unhealthy snacks on special, to how much I could save if I didn't buy it at all.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My New Year's shopping resolution is to maintain the same shopping practice like I did the recent year. For me, it's just very fine that I don't see it fit to improve or change anything with it. I don't spend a lot. I only spend for what I need and what I really like. There are a lot of things that I like, but there are also plenty ways to get them for free or to get them for a lower price without sacrificing their quality. I also avoid impulse buying and splurging. If I have I have bought something impulsively, I would at least try to not splurge further.