What are your thoughts on body weight workouts?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by CoolCat • Aug 27, 2014.

1. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    Has anyone tried a

as a way to get a good strength training workout without paying for a gym membership or buying a weight set?

I tried the one linked about for a while, and I found that it gave me a pretty good workout. That one isn't actually technically a body weight workout because you need a dumbbell (or jug of water, etc.) for one of the exercises, but it's pretty close.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Body weight work-outs especially pullups are probably the best strength and bulk-up exercises. Most people believe pumping iron is probably the only way to build bigger muscles but fitness experts believe that push ups, pulls ups and anything in between can give you all the exercise you need [to get that] without spending a dime [in gym] fees.

Personally, I rely mostly on body weight workouts to stay fit and would recommend that to everyone unless you are a professional bodybuilder.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    A training based on body weight is what I currently do at home. Most of the inspiration I get from

, a great community where you can get feedback and exercise ideas. At the moment I'm doing push ups, pull up, squats and hand stands + a few ab routines. I exercise 5 days a week and already see some gains after just two months.

4. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I love body weight exercises! I find it odd that so many people think that such exercises are useless, as if there's no other way to get healthy and fit other than hitting the gym. Push-ups and pull-ups are my favorite.

5. badwolf

badwolfNew Member

Threads:
    I really prefer body weight exercises! My muscles grow quite fast so I don't really work with a lot of weight (otherwise I might look like a hulk after a couple of months) and body weight exercises are a great way to do so. Depending on how you do the exercise you can also regulate how much of your weight you want to use. I think it's an easy and uncomplicated way to work out and you don't have to sign up for an expensive gym membership! There is no particular website I use to work out. I just do the usual push-up/sit-up stuff and it works great for me!

6. GenevB

GenevBActive Member

Threads:
    Body weight exercises are great exercises to keep your body in shape and you can also develop more strength from it. Maybe you can even lose bodyfat depending on your genetics, but it shall be pretty hard to put on mass with them. If you want to add some mass, just stick with the good old weights from the gym.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Great! I am able to save a lot of money from them because my only capital is my body weight and an equipment through which I would be able to carry myself, or feel its weight. Other than this, I wouldn't need anything else. And also it would make me more even motivated because the more I build up myself, the heavier I get, the more that it becomes challenging for me to build up myself more and of course to be sexier until I reach the body that I will maintain. Also through this workouts become simple and portable. I mean you could just bring whatever it is the you use, say TRX anywhere where you can set it up, which doesn't take so much effort and time.