What attracted you to your style?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Thejamal • Jun 6, 2014.

1. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone has their own fashion sense and buy clothes that they feel represent themselves in a good way. My question is what attracted you to your style? Is it something you've had since you were little, or did your style develop as you got older?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to live in a touristy town. Most of the tourists who visited the town were Brits. They usually had a distinct dressing style that always made them stand out. I'm not saying all Brits dress that way, it's just that most did. I got to like their dressing style and I acquired it [with slight modifications to suit me].

3. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I think my style has developed over time and it's all based on experience. Through the years, I realized those clothes and styles which do not suit me well or which do not flatter my looks. I also got to experience wearing uncomfortable clothes and basically I've identified most clothes which I know for a fact I must stay away from. Also, with what I see in others, I've known which style works for me and which does not. Not everything you see in others will suit you. So yeah, I would say overall my experience led me to have this current style.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure... I'm very classic and even basic. People often compliment my sense of style, but I'm not really sure where it came from. I don't think it was from my mom, because her style is much different than mine. I'm actually pretty conservative when it comes to clothes, even my grandma sometimes says my clothes are sober and too discreet. It's just how I like to get dressed, not sure how it came to be! I'm sure it has something to do with me having been overweight ever since I exist and having been bullied a lot at school, I try to hide a bit beneath my clothing, but hopefully still managing to look elegant.

5. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    My sense of style has certainly changed over the years. When I was a gym rat, my style reflected that period of my life. Tight workout clothing, layered clothing, etc. I was always ready to work out, and it showed. But now I have a more casual style. Loose clothing, and bright colors. People got tired of me wearing black all the time. I did so because I though black was slenderizing. But now that I'm more relaxed with my body, I can dress in a more relaxed way as well.

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to work for big companies with a dress code. I suppose years of working for corporate America has great influenced my style. I favor a conservative tailored look. I usually dress business casual even though I no longer work in an office setting.

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I used to travel a lot, did hiking, climbing, and trekking in the past. I like moving fast therefore my style of clothing should be something that are light, stretchy, and comfortable. I dislike wearing those clothing which makes my movement slower. But when it comes to something like outing with family or party, then I definitely have something special to wear.

8. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I have no real style to my daily "wardrobe". It's just oversized shirts and sweatshirts; jeans, sweatpants and leggings. If I do have to dress up, I prefer to wear something like a gauzy skirt with a sweater and boots. If the weather is warm, I swap the sweater for a nice shirt and sandals.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was young, I used to dress like a slutty pop star because I read a lot of fashion magazines and went to art school. As a middle aged mother, I wear a lot of black and choose comfortable things like yoga pants. I'm not influenced by fashion anymore. I wear functional ,basic clothes so that I can get stuff done and be comfortable.

10. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    I loved colors since my childhood and my fashion sense is also dictated with colors. When it comes to cloths or accessories, my choice is always bright and impressive colors.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Comfort and that it alone attracted me to my style. It's not looking bad at all. Nevertheless I give the most importance to the style that will make me feel comfortable instead of the one that will make me really look good. So when I buy clothes it's important that I fit them. No matter how bad they may look if I am comfortable wearing them, I buy them. On the other hand, no matter how the clothes look good, if I am not comfortable wearing them, I leave, ignore and don't buy them.

12. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a 'style' exactly. I'm too lazy for that. So I just buy and wear whatever feels comfortable. And what other people buy me from time to time. If I don't like the look of that thing by itself, or it' not very comfy, it's not being worn.