What books are popular for young adults now?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by SpringBreeze • Dec 14, 2013.

1. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    So, I'm in the middle of Christmas shopping for my younger cousins and a couple of nieces. I want to buy them books this year. But I'm completely loss on what's popular now. I remember a few years ago it was the Twilight and Harry Potter series. But this year, I have no idea. Do any of you know?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You just have to look around. I wouldn't know what the taste of those you're buying the books for are so I won't recommend a particular title. Instead I'll give you a links to places where you'll find a list of this year's popular 'young adult books'

3. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Try Maximum Ride by James Patterson. I think there's 7 books in this series, saga or whatever its called. It's about a group of kids with special abilities trying to survive and make a difference.
    It's about friendship, trust and more. Ideal for the younger readers.

4. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    Not too many years ago (in my later teen years), I was enthused by the Alex Rider book series. I'm relatively sure it was Anthony Horowitz who wrote the series although don't quote me on that because I can't be 100% sure. I believe there were either six or seven books in the series, the first was amazing but they just got better and better as they went on. I read those when I was around 18/19, so only a few years ago, but I'd say they were age appropriate for anyone above thirteen. :)

5. writeletters

writelettersMember

Threads:
    John Green is currently a really popular author among YA. His books are quite good, I've read two and am partially through the third. I'd personally recommend Paper Towns or Looking for Alaska. I wasn't a big fan of The Fault in Our Stars.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    How about getting them The Hunger Games novels? Seems like all the craze this year after the movies. If they are fans of the movies then they would want to read the novels. The novels are better than the movies too.