What Brands Are You Willing To Pay More For?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tommymac • Aug 12, 2012.

1. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    I've reached the age where following fashion trends and buying expensive clothing doesn't do much for me anymore. I'm pretty happy buying jeans on sale from JC Penny and even shirts from Wal-mart. Folks, what are some clothing brands that you're willing to pay more for?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's an age issue, as I'm pretty young and I've been poor my whole life, but I totally hear what you're saying. I will, though, pay extra money for a good bra. The brand name is not important but I want to make sure my bra fits perfectly. I have one bra that cost me $125.
    It's more expensive than the entire rest of my outfit but it's worth it.

3. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to clothing, I'm not really willing to pay for certain brands anymore. I mostly just look for the cutest style for the most reasonable price. Often, I have found cheap but cute clothes at Forever 21. I even think George has some cute stuff at Walmart for very cheap prices.

I think I'm especially willing to pay for more organic and natural beauty products. I'm pretty paranoid about all the chemicals and crap in the majority of brands available. There actually are some very reasonably priced organic beauty products available. I really like Desert Essence in particular.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I would pay more for brand-name tennis shoes like Adidas. Maybe I would spend more on brand-name jeans, but probably not shirts or casual wear. Sometimes I spend more on brand name cereal, like Honey Bunches of Oats over the store brand. It does taste better. I always spend more on organic body products from 100% Pure, and I rarely buy drugstore brands because they contain chemicals.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Reply to: "I think I'm especially willing to pay for more organic and natural beauty products. I'm pretty paranoid about all the chemicals and crap in the majority of brands available. There actually are some very reasonably priced organic beauty products available. I really like Desert Essence in particular."

I have tried the Desert Essence face cream, the one in the jar. It actually made my face get red. However, like you, I love organic face products. I love

. It smells amazing and only costs around $8. It has lasted me over a year because it has a light texture and a little goes a long way. You might love it. I got it on Drugstore.com.

#5Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  6. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I have already got more clothes than I can wear out for the next few years, so I don't shop for clothes anymore. The only thing that I will be buying would be a new waist pouch. I don't look for brand names. Just something that is durable is fine with me.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I hear what you are saying. Brands don't mean anything to me either as long as they look good to me and what I want, I don't care a hoot what anyone else says about it. Brands are not my style and never has been even as a child, so why should I start now. So what is the big deal about a brand name when all these other people make clothes just as nice.

8. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    Brand does not mean anything to me as long as the clothing looks great and fits well I will purchase it. Most of the clothing I purchase are under $15. I spend more money on shoes and designer handbags than I do on clothes. However, recently I started to visit my local thrift store and I was able to find a few bargains all under $10. I found 2 vintage Chanel handbags in almost like new condition. I also prefer to purchase clothes online because of the availability of coupons.

9. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I play golf so I will pay a little more for golf related brand name for shirts, pull overs or jackets just because they will last longer than no name brand items. As far as shorts go they can be whatever brand since they will get worn out not matter what. I do however find lots of good deals on things like this at Costco or private golf stores that sell last years items.

10. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    AS long as I think its durable that will last for years, I'd be willing to pay for about $500 for a shoe. Beyond it, I'd rather use for something else :D

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The only branded things I'd pay for would be either electronics (if I was getting a TV, a laptop, etc.) and guitar equipment. I bought a pair of Gibson pickups recently and can't wait to try them out.

12. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    There is no brand that I must have. I only have one requirement and that is...it must be locally grown and made when possible. Harder to come by than one would think. I do love great underwear but even with that, so long it is great quality, I am not concerned with brand at all.

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to spend big money on organic beauty products, but I can't do it anymore. I find that "kitchen creations" are just as good and just as natural and organic but way cheaper.

14. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm willing to pay for more when it comes to shoes. I can sacrifice buying cheap stuff on clothes but not on shoes! I love sneakers and boots and I don't mind getting them from Nike or Nine West. :)

15. shopnow1

shopnow1New Member

Threads:
    I will never pay more just so I can get a particular brand for the sake of having a certain label on my clothing. But I will pay more for a piece of clothing that is more comfortable than the other cheaper versions. When it comes to buying running shoes for example, I will spend up to $200 for an excellent pair of Saucony running shoes since I am a serious runner and their performance is superior to the other brands in my opinion. So it's not the brand that I care about, especially given the fact that not many people even know about Saucony, but rather the comfort and performance. But I guess Saucony would be the only brand that I would pay more for than usual.

16. phoenix17

phoenix17New Member

Threads:
    The only time I will ever overpay for clothing is if it looks really good and I can't find a cheaper alternative. Usually though I only shop/buy clothes when theres a sale on, as most of my clothing buys are all impulse buys. I've gotten to the point where I have too much clothes. I'm a male by the way.

So brand name has come to the point where it doesn't bother me as much, but I still try to buy the more expensive brands if it comes on sale once in awhile. To me, it's all about how it looks on me rather than who printed the label.

17. sergiu23

sergiu23Active Member

Threads:
    I never buy for a brand. I always check more options and go for the quality of the product.

18. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely Guess or Levis for jeans. I am also into sports so I would probably pay more for a Nike rubber shoes and apparels. :D I do not spend too much when buying clothes but when I do, I really go for the branded ones. I think that they last longer and they just look good and comfortable to wear in my opinion. Also it gives me more confidence.

19. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I hear you when it comes to Levis. Ever since I discovered the curve id, I don't bother with any other brand of jeans.

20. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I will pay more for brands because I find I not only like them longer, but they also do last me longer. The exception to the rule are t shirts and American Eagle jeans (I love them!). One of my current favorites is JCrew. I want a cashmere short sleeve shirt for Christmas. I will pay more for purses than any other item. They need to last because I hate changing them. Then I don't buy but one at a time then, so it's really not that bad. I will get a sale on everything I buy, even if it is a name brand. Everything goes on sale.