What can you invest money in?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by darelle4 • Sep 26, 2013.

1. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    I know there are so many things you can invest in but I want to be reasonable with the things that can be invested in. I know there are many opportunities online so where can you go online to find great investment opportunities.

2. Danna Brown

Danna BrownNew Member

Threads:
    My advise would be to talk to an investment banker or professional. They can answer any question you have about investing your money. I would also look into what they call 'penny stock.' It carries some risk, but from what I hear it carries a nice return on your investment. The best part is that it doesn't cost that much. Also note that there are a lot of online scam businesses that are just out there to take advantage of you, so be sure you research before you put your money into anything. Don't be so trusting when people tell you information, research the companies you are investing in for yourself.

3. Phil

PhilNew Member

Threads:
    If you don't have a great deal of money to invest, I would suggest a peer-to-peer lending site like Lending Club. You can get started with a couple hundred dollars and the returns are much better than you can get with a high-yield savings account or CD. I have been invested there for about three years (I only started with $300) and my overall return is just under 7%. I have added some more funds and every month I check the account and re-invest what I've earned.
    You can invest as little as $25 in each lending opportunity so your money isn't just sitting there.
    I suggest you check it out and see if it'd be a good smaller investment for your portfolio.

4. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    one great website that you can check out if you're interested in investing in metal currency is Bullionvault.com. If you sign up, you can get a certain weight (I don't remember the amount) of gold or silver for free. There are some tutorials and tips online to help you get started with that as well.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All investments involve taking risks so it's always advisable to take the option with the minimal risks.

Real Estate for example can make good investment but what if the value plummets the way it did during the economic slump?

Therefore if you have above $200K to invest why not try Treasury Bonds? There's absolutely no risk involved and after every six months you get paid your accrued interest which you can then invest elsewhere even in high-risk ventures quite confident that even if you lose your moolah, it won't be much you're losing.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are looking to put your money in a bank, there are a lot of investment opportunities available for you. You could deposit it in a savings account or a time deposit account but those yield low returns. You could also invest your money into treasury bills or corporate bonds. You could also open an online stock exchange account and invest your money in stocks.

Aside from bonds, there are a lot of other ways to invest your money. You can gamble, establish your own business, etc. The possibilities are endless.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I def wouldn't make any moves on investing in anything until you talk to a professional see what options you have.

8. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    If you are new to this, like the previous commenters said, talk to a professional first. If you don't want to do that, definitely do your research before investing. I'd do several months of continuous study before taking such a move. You can even take class online or offline. And then start out small. I've known people to get involved in this without years of formal training.

Now to answer your question, one of the best known ways to invest online is to get involved with trading (stocks, bonds, currencies, gold ...). There are quite few things you can trade.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Do not take these opportunities for granted because among them you will find loads of scams.

Main "great investment" you can be offered to take is high-yield investment programs (HYIP) that are mostly ponzi schemes to rip you off. Forex, being a legitimate investment through the currency exchange market, can be also a shady investment if you don't know how to go with this.

Buying metals, mutual bonds or stock are risky because they fall in the financial volatile market and mostly require a financial adviser that guides you to make the best picks.

I would better consider put the money into your saving account first and research in depth what are the different opportunities that you can try to make your business grow, as the best way to make an educate decision.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How much money do you want to make anyway? For a few dollars of profit, you can try out HYIP sites, like I turned my $3 into $20 before just by investing and re-investing. But never spend what you can't afford to lose as I always say. Start with a little amount of money first, and then make it grow like what I did. But always check out HYIP monitor sites to see it a site is still paying or not and always invest in a site that is less than a week old to avoid being scammed.

11. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I think you meant DON'T invest in a site that is less than a week old, right?
    I'm very interested in this, what site do you use?

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh I actually meant it that way, you should always invest in a HYIP site that is still new, because the ones that I have been investing in, the 110% per day sites tend to close easily because we all know that it's a ponzi scheme. HYIP sites come and go, I won't really suggest it to newbies because you will get burned if you come across a scam admin and sooner or later all HYIP admins will scam you once the funds run out. It would be best to invest like $5 or so and just let it grow. I'm not active in HYIP since 2012, and now, because Liberty Reserve is now down and they don't use Paypal, I'm, not eager to invest again, so if you're interested, research HYIP's thoroughly and always check the sites status on

or

to know if the site is still paying or not.

#12Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  13. tomhardy

tomhardyNew Member

Threads:
    Every person wants best way to earn money within short time period that’s time hyip site is suitable to both of admin and users. There is nothing better choice to make money. While run your hyip business using unique hyip script at this moment it is best hand for your hyip site.

In investment business, there are some fundamental needs of users, the hyip business should be trustworthy and satisfy the user who invested, Attain more profit above invested in this business, these are basic needs in hyip business this must be achieved only by autosurf hyip monitor.

#13Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  14. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Real Estate is the best investment one can make, remember, virtually everything went down in the economic slump, people's salary, their investments, everything, the value of Real Estate even if it goes down-will bounce back up, and it does so in a really quick time as well.
    Bonds are a good way to invest but @darelle4@darelle4 needs more than low interest investments. Stocks are a better option but choose wisely and study the companies that you invest in well.