What Color Is The Main Color In Your Wardrobe?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Jan 18, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    A few years ago I realised the majority of my wardrobe was just plain black. I've been trying to add more color to my wardrobe since the realization that most things I owned were black though, and now it seems the majority of my clothes are blue or brown instead.

However, I have much brighter colored clothes, like purple and red tops for example, that I'll wear in the summer whereas my winter clothes tend to be duller shades of green, blue and brown.

Still, overall the main colors are blues and browns because where I live the summer only lasts for maybe a month so I have more winter clothes.

2. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I'm also a fan of black. I like dressing up my outfits by adding colorful accessories (jewelry and scarves). I like black because I feel like it is a classic color that you can wear more often then a bright colored piece of clothing without people realizing.

I'm also a fan of green and navy colors, I tend to like darker color clothing.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed that I have mostly black and blue wardrobe, and a lot of dark colored clothing. I also prefer darker clothing rather than light colored ones. My least favorite is the color white, since it looks so plain.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    The majority of my clothes are of neutral colors. So they're either black, white, or grey. I love buying these shirts because they give me such a wide array of combinations simply because I can match any colors with those three. Lately however, I'm trying to add bits and pieces of bright colors to my wardrobe because they complement my skin.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:My closet is of many colors like shades of greens, blues, pink, blues and black, but I love floral so there's some floral too. I have very old clothes too for it saves money.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mostly wear black or dark blue. I like the way those colors look with my black hair and it's frugal to have an all black wardrobe because everything matches everything else so you don't have to buy additional things to match a certain outfit or color.

7. TheLovingLeah

TheLovingLeahActive Member

Threads:
    The main color in my wardrobe is definitely black as well. Black just makes every other color look even better. The other colors by themselves are great, but with black it's even greater. Black just makes every other color pop out in brightness. So yeah I always get black to mix with other colors. I always have black incorporated somewhere in my outfit haha.

8. Amanda Simon

Amanda SimonMember

Threads:
    mostly I wear black , white, red, pink and yellow :)

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oooh I LOVE whites, creams and pastels :) I like black, but try to keep it to a minimum, and that's mainly pants or skirts for a slimming effect. I love a white top because I feel it's very flattering against my dark complexion, it seems to make it 'pop' and glow better. I feel I can never have enough white tops!

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my God, without a doubt the most abundant color in my wardrobe would have to be red. There are slight variations on this color in my wardrobe, like burgundy, and hot pinks, but essentially, they are all of the same family. Red :) After that, I have many earthy colored clothes, like browns, dark greens, and blacks.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wardrobe is full of what I call "Blah" colors. Nudes and natural colors are most of it. I own lots of beige, browns, whites, pale pinks, creams, nudes and colors like that.
    A while back I have started trying to buy more colorful pieces, but I still resist to get a red or green if I see the same outfit in a natural color!

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of plain colours, because if you have those, you don't have to worry about things matching - everything will go with everything else, so if you get something new you only have to get that one thing rather than an entire outfit. Of course I have other colours too, but a lot of my clothes are things that could be paired with a huge number of items, as then my wardrobe has a lot of potential no matter what the season, or the event.

13. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I just looked in my closet and noticed that the majority of my tops are grey and shades of grey. I didn't realize how many grey tops I had but I have sweaters, tank tops, shirts, t-shirts and long sleeve tops all in grey. I love to wear jeans so grey goes with jeans and then if I want to dress up a bit I wear black leggings or dress pants. I change my TOMS to black short boots and it goes from daytime to night time. Having said that I think I need to add some colour to my wardrobe. Time to search out some pastels for spring.

14. Aimee198

Aimee198New Member

Threads:
    I prefer lighter color clothing.

15. paleblueskies

paleblueskiesNew Member

Threads:
    I either wear dark clothing or very light clothing. Most of my closet consist of black, dark blue, maroon and dark grey. When spring roles around I wear a lot of light or pastel colors. Such as, yellow, peach, green and blue. I also like wearing Graphic tees.

16. albreeden

albreedenMember

Threads:
    I love blacks/whites/greys because you can match any pattern. For example, you can wear black and white polka dots with black and white stripes. Most of my wardrobe is neutral because I travel often and can only pack small amounts.

The best advice that I've ever received was to pay more for your basics (brands like GAP are always trusty), which would be your black pants, white dress shirts, blazers, etc. And buy cheaper seasonal items that you don't mind disposing of, trendy items (Forever 21). I've also found it very helpful to browse current fashion magazines and then go thrifting right after with a list of "must have" ideas to emulate. Who knows - you may end up running across a really nice basic piece for a fraction of what it'd cost retail.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My wardrobe is very colorful. My favorite color is purple and I have several blouses in varying shades of purple. I don't like to wear solid dark colors. I am known for wearing bright color. I have red, fuchsia, turquoise, orange and white in my wardrobe. I know it may sound strange, but I feel more energetic when I wear strong colors.

18. Jesse Stern

Jesse SternNew Member

Threads:
    Black dress

19. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    Most of my clothes are dark coloured as well, mostly black or dark brown, I never realized this until a friend pointed it out! I don't like patterned clothes for some reason, even my shoes are plain, I'm not really into fashion so i think that's the reason, as long as it's dark and comfortable, I'm in. :)

20. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few black shirts and I think that is the most noticeable color. The I think it would be pink and the red or vice versa I'm not sure. I have a few other colors in there, but not many. I should really change it up a bit.