What Color Is Your Bedroom?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by cocolgooh • Feb 8, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    My mother point blank refuses to have anything green in her bedroom, saying she feels it's bad luck, despite it supposedly being a relaxing color. As a child, I remember having striped wallpaper that she cut all the green stripes out of in my bedroom.

As an adult, my bedroom is predominantly white with added shades of purple and shades of red. I still don't have much green in my bedroom even now. Or even in my house generally actually.

Are there certain colors you prefer having in your bedroom? Or any you don't like to have?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually paint every bedroom I've ever had peach, because peach looks warm and inviting in lamplight or dim light.
    Our sheets and comforters might feature skulls and crossbones or Sonic the Hedgehog, but our walls are girly pastel peach.
    Because of my daughter's collection of Sonic the Hedgehog figures, there's also a lot of blue in the room by default.

3. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am working on a black and white room right now because it just seems fun. I am working to get new furniture and decorations and then I am going to do some accent colors around that. I have normally had blue bedrooms and I am sick of that color.

4. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    My bedroom is lime green, I like it, but i think I'd like to change it in a few years or months. I want a sunny color next, maybe a light orange or yellow. I just think it's more cosy and welcoming, I don't think I could commit to flowered wallpaper or stripes, plain colors are my thing.

5. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    The walls are tan. That way everything matches. But I hard dark wood furniture. My bedding is two different colors. The sheets are tan and the comforter and pillows are black and red. But other than that my room lacks colors.

6. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    My bedroom is a pale light green, and yes I find green to very relaxing. I originally went with pale green because I pulled the colour out of the bedspread that I was using. I ended up getting rid of the bedspread and then I ended up getting a new green bedspread which I just love. I think some day I will change my bedroom colour, when I do I'm thinking of light grey to go with the tones of the rest of my house.

7. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My bedroom walls are a deep mauve and the window frames and baseboards are white. I added some white to lighten the mauve and painted the frames to the entrance and closet doors. To add definition my window treatments are white magnolia spread on a black background. I never get tired of it. I just change other things that coordinate with the mauve.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I left mine white so I can decorate it any way. I just hang up artwork and I put a lot of color in with my bed spread and curatins. my accent pillows get the job done too.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of green bringing bad luck, that is a new one for me!
    My walls are always simple white. I never got to paint my walls. When I was a child I wanted to and my mom wouldn't let me. Now that I own my own place I don't really feel like doing anything different to the walls. I change the color of my bedding and that is enough for me! My bedding is usually white and blue, light green or pink!

10. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    It's blue, and I like it that colour for a bedroom. Green wouldn't be too bad if it had a light coloured carpet. Most of the rooms in my house are magnolia, although the dining room is pure white, which is a little too harsh.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would not be able to have a room with a lot of flowers on the wall. A soft blue, purple lilac would be nice. A soft gray that is almost blue are colors that are appealing for me.