What comes to mind

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Esperahol • Sep 9, 2012.

1. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    What comes to mind when thinking of certain brands

Apple wants to be the cool kids brand, but I associate it with being elitist. Isovac is supposed to be for people who accomplish things. HP is trying to straddle the gap between Apple and Isovac. Dell is just sort of there at this point, although it used to be the layback brand that does it your way.

Thats what immediately comes to mind for me, but what about you?

#1Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Interesting question. Apple used to be an elitist company and is still a little bit. But mostly I associated overpriced cool, hip products.

When I think of Dell, I think of bad customer service. Which is very funny because they used to be known for their top-notch customer service. Now, it's mostly outsources overseas.

I don't like HP products so I'll won't say much., but HP used to make really awesome laser printers.

Lenovo is my favorite computer manufacturer. I think of them as durable, expensive and business oriented.

3. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    I'm purely in love with Dell, as for me it s the brand to go with. Their technology is good and the prices are fair so I would stick with them! Concerning their poor customer care, I just hope they change it..

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    When I think of Apple I think they're a great company, but after the passing of Steve Jobs it left the company on a slow decline. I don't own any Apple products, but I've used them before, and they're well made it's just too expensive. HP is my favorite out of all those companies mentioned because they offer affordable computers and they're reliable. I never was a big HP fan until I've bought one of their laptops, and now I'm hooked on their company.

Dell is a brand I've had experience with, but I didn't feel like they were as much competition as the other two companies I mentioned. I'm not a fan of Dell's product design on some of their laptops. It feels like they don't push boundaries making anything innovative. I've never heard of Isovac, so I can't really comment about that company.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple just strikes me as arrogant. "We can do whatever we want, and get away with it, because we have an army of hipsters and housewives that will buy anything we release"..

6. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I've used Dell PCs, which were okay'ish until desktops became more or less redundant at home. My son has stuck with the brand and uses a Dell laptop and is pleased with it. I have, however, found HP more reliable and even when upgrading, I've stuck to this brand.

7. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Dell are good for affordable PCS, what I think of when I think dell, is BAD customer service, and overheating laptops.

Lenovo I think of good build quality, and solid machines.

HP I think are doing something they shouldn't even be doing, and are creating midline machines when they can do so much better.

Apple is like basically selling the worst spec, at the highest price, and praying on label junkies who don't know any better.

8. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    When I think about Compaq, I think of a bland future. Alienware is the most obvious one, overpriced monster computers with poor components.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Apple - Elite brand for rich people.
    Samsung - Copycats
    Dell - Affordable and for the laptop of the masses
    HP - Something above average
    Alienware - Best gaming laptop there is
    Asus - Something above dell but below HP

That's what I think when I see those brands.

10. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    ...Not forgetting 'at whichever price we choose' Speaking of Apple, what is 'New' in the iPhone 5? I hear that is its is years ahead in terms of technology!

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    The price of computers has been dropping steadily over the past several years. You can buy a very good laptop for under $500, that would have cost you around $2500 a few years ago. Apple is just soaking up the profits and riding on it's brand, there's really nothing spectacular about their products, yet they remain overpriced. Android has blown past iOS in such a short time in terms of features, functionality, and user base.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Apple to me is a gadget, I know everyone has a iPhone or iPad with the latest tech, I don't need all of that.

HP is reliable and Dell has been my go to computer for years.

13. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    The iPhone 5 is a taller more clunky iPhone 4. In fact if you give a person an iPhone 4 and tell them it is an iPhone 5 they honestly cannot tell the difference. Pathetic.

14. MellowGuy

MellowGuyMember

Threads:
    Apple is definitely an elitist company that is running out of ideas in my opinion. I would never buy an Apple product (I own an Ipad 2 and 2 ipods FREE by winning them in sweepstakes). As I play with my Apple gadgets and see all the restrictions and hipster features, I understand the draw but cringe at how people would line up and spend their hard earned money for every single version that comes out. Apple used to be an innovative company and paved the way for certain tech advancement. Now they are just masters of marketing and mind control.

As for Dell, I have never seen a Dell customer that didn't eventually need me to fix their laptop. That's all I'll say about that.