What Commercials Are You Completely Sick Of?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ohiotom76 • May 15, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot reach for the remote fast enough when those stupid commercials for Microsoft Surface come on. They have to be wasting billions on these since they keep airing non-stop, no matter what show it is I am watching. I absolutely hate that Sarah Bareilles song they use in the commercials, and it drives me up a wall when I hear it. They've been using that same stupid jingle for over a year now, too. Before that, their Surface commercials used an equally annoying song by Macklemore. What is the point of torturing the viewers with non-stop repetitiveness like that?

Another one that is really grinding on my nerves is the Apple commercials using The Pixie's "Gigantic". It's been pointed out on many other sites, that apparently Apple was unaware of what that song was actually about. And if they knew, they probably wouldn't have had little kids singing along to it, lol. The lyrics are about the lead singer having a fling with an *ahem* well endowed young man, hence the title "gigantic", lol.

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    the commercial that worries me the most it that darn, commercial with the body spray for the men and the Brut commercial. I think that they just go to far with the commercials now in day. It ok to air them but at sometimes they should know that the viewer do get tired of the same commercial back to back. There a lot of others but these two really work my nerves.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Geico!!!

I wish they'd go back to the gecko, as lame as that always was.

Their current commercials are just stupid. Not even "so stupid they're funny," but plain stupid. "She'll be comin' around the mountain" in that stupid voice gets stuck in my head any time I catch a glimpse of that version, too.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This has horrible quality, but this is the one that I mean:

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    If I never ever see the AT&T commercial that is set in a kindergarten classroom it will not be soon enough. The first few times I saw it I thought it was cute, but not necessarily effective. Some days I feel like I see it 6+ times an hour and it has started to grate on my nerves.

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, listed commercials with modern recording artists.
    The ones that were like nails on a board featured animal shelters with Sarah MacLaughlin playing in the background. And these were 60 and 90 second commercials where the camera would zoom in on their little faces and the physical damage was visible.

The one I hate today is a title loan commercial where the guy sells the family TV at a pawn shop but he still can't take care of bills. So he draws little sports figures on a box and mounts it on the wall. Then when his lady busts him for not getting a title loan, he shrugs and there is a cat sound playing.

Whoever wrote the commercial doesn't realize that most cats are smart and this dude is not.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know. I can understand completely why they have those commercials but do they have to be so graphic? Also if someone had the money to spare and was an animal lover, then they wouldn't need the commercial to motivate them. If not then it won't do any good anyway to show it.

Anyway, I get tired of Progressive commercials. They show it all the time. However, I don't hate those as much as anything Xfinity. They rub it in my face that I have to have them over and over and over again on all my media seems like.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    The stupid Hump Day commercial Geico did. I think they have stopped playing it as much any more, so it doesn't bother me much now. But I work in a toy store, where are main seller is a wide vareity of animal toys and plush, and we have several camels. So every. single. time. that someone saw a camel, you would hear some one yell HUMP DAAAAAAY, and it drove me up the wall after a while.

I also never liked the commercials with the little pig that goes "WHEEE! Whee, whee, WHEEEEE!" repeatedly. They had the zip lining one and the one where it was in someones cars, though I forget which company it was for.

I ALSO hate seeing ads for horror movies, and being forced to watch the entire thing. D: (YouTube, I hate you some times. And yeah, I agree with you Nickchick, the Progressive commercials are getting kind of old. The first few that they did were cute and quirky, and funny enough to make you chuckle, but now they've just gotten boring and sort of repeative.

9. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    All of the commercials get on my nerves. I think 10 commercials each break is way too much. Some times I turn the tv off because it is taking too long to get back to the show and I have lost interest in the show.

10. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    One I notice too often is a sprite commercial with Drake in it. It is from years ago. I think it first came on tv about 8 years ago. It gets annoying seeing it over and over on a few sports channels. Can't a guy watch a baseball or basketball game without seeing Drake over and over? Damn! Get some new commercials.

11. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:

I completely agree. I've never been more annoyed with a talking animal than I am with that Camel. It starts airing on Tuesdays and no matter what network I turn to, he there. It was kind of cute and funny at first but now, it seems to be overplayed.

12. malia

maliaMember

Threads:
    LOL but why are people so frustrated its just a commercial. I personally hate the sad abused pet commercials its so freaking annoying to me. Or even the weight lost pill commercials because I just think America is in a sad state that they feel its presentable to even advertise weight lost pills. yuck. pathetic.

13. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    :D

I think some commercials are cute especially those with dogs in it. :) What I hate most are shampoo commercials. :( They claim that they can make your hair straight or shiny or other promises that we all know they cannot deliver. Is there truth in advertising anymore? :mad:

14. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sick of them all actually. I'm tired of the rich begging for more of my money. I'm sick of the utter trash they're selling and the ways they do business. It's the biggest reason I got rid of television altogether. It's such a waste of time and my life is much better for it.

15. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    The commercials that bother me are the ones that are played too frequently during a show. It isn't about how good or bad the product is or whether or not the commercial is witty, it is about frequency. If I see the same ad several times an hour, I am going to grow sick of it very quickly. It is not only going to make me want to change the channel, it is also reducing the likelihood that I will buy the product. Brand recognition when one recognizes it in a negative way, is not a good thing for sales.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Currently the commercials that really bug me are the Jack in the Box midnight meals. I also find the Microsoft commercials very annoying. I really hate the "honestly" stuff too.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate the Old Spice commercials with the middle aged mothers singing off key about how hot, sexy and desirable their sons are and stalking them on dates.
    I'm also sick to death of the Proactive and Xout commercials for zit cream because they air them way too often.

18. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Any alcoholic commercial annoys me the most. They have no need to advertise their junk on every channel! It's just like at every holiday people think they have to drink. Can't any show be watched and/or party be alcoholic free? I can think of a million other ways to spend money on.

19. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    "Head-On! Apply directly to the forehead!" I absolutely hate that commercial, but it is so genius in like an evil-subliminal message way in that the commercial makes you want to buy the product. The commercial gives you a headache, and so you buy the product the alleviate that headache. Like I said: evil genius.

20. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't remember the last time I saw that commercial. It was such a long time ago but I still remember it. That product is such a joke. Of course it's difficult for me to get rid of a headache once it gets bad enough but there are better solutions. You might as well be putting glue on your head.