What cosmetic do you spend the most money on?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by True2marie • Jul 28, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    The cosmetic I always spend the most money on is foundation. I really can't find one that's economical and matches my skin tone. So, usually, to save a few bucks, I get it at a drugstore.

Drugstores carry similar versions of high priced cosmetics, but at more affordable prices. Check out -

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    If skin care qualified for this question that would definitely be my answer. I think that investing in skin care is important because then it cuts down on the amount of make up you need to wear. I probably spend the most money on lip products. I don't wear a lot of make up so I don't spend a lot, but I like to indulge when it comes to thinks for my lips. I especially love the Fresh sugar balms and the Chanel lipstick gloss hybrid.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I used to spend a lot of money on foundation because I would buy the Bare Minerals brand. It was the only thing that helped me get the look I wanted. Since then, I have found Maybelline's mineral foundation and it has worked very well. The best part is that it is about $15 cheaper. I have never been so happy to spend $8 on something.

4. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy drugstore makeup and the one I spend the most on is foundation. I've only found one foundation that really works for me in the sense that it matches my skin tone and it lasts all day. I live in a humid climate and so I need a foundation that won't start to rub off if I sweat during the day and so far my favorite is Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin.

I do spend more money on skin care than foundation. I use the acne and oily skin product line by Clinique. In the past my face has been pretty sensitive to acne medications and the Clinique line works for me.

5. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Its funny that you say that, mariee. The Clinique line of skincare actually completely dried my face out. I stick to Clean & Clear face wash and moisturizer. It works great and smells good, too. So funny how different brands work so amazingly for some people but then are epic fails for other people.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Hmm...to be honest, I don't exactly spend all that much on cosmetics, at least not that often. My deodorant is just some cheap stuff that smells good from Lidl. Same with my shower wash, although I do tend to pick up the Radox stuff, just because I love the different smells. I get them for cheap as well. The only thing that I really splash out on would be my Clearasil skin wipes for my face and sometimes my shoulders if I've been sweating in my sleep.

7. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I have pretty oily skin. The Clean and Clear moisturizer is too much moisture for me, makes me feel oily. The face wash I've used it and it's ok but doesn't do much for clearing out my acne. I'm sensitive to benzoil peroxide so brands that use a high percentage of that leave my face red and irritated, but salicylic acid alone doesn't do much for me. The Clinique moisterizer has a small percentage of benzoil peroxide.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend more money on foundation as well. I find that with blushes, eyeshadows, mascaras, liners and all of those, you can spend less and have a very similar quality. But when it comes to your face, I think it's important to find a good quality foundation that is not going to break out your skin, make it oversensitive, or even make it oilier or dryer. So to meet in investing in a good foundation is crucial.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I spend the most of my skincare products. I use an excellent moisturizer with sunscreen protection. I don't wear foundation. The only makeup I wear on a consistent basis is lipstick and mascara. I don't spend too much on them.

10. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I love Bare Minerals, it is expensive but it does go a long way. It is one of the few cosmetics I have used that does not make my face break out. This weekend I went to buy my niece some make-up I wanted to get her a nice compact for her purse. They used to have very nice ones in an affordable range, the best i found was Sephoria at about $15, nice set but very small. I am shocked at how much this stuff costs these days. I have to get my points up and get testers when I can, even those are expensive.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really spend that much on cosmetics. Believe it or not, my maximum monthly cost does not even exceed $5. I've realized a long time ago that leaving my face alone and not putting too much makeup on spares it from unnecessary pimples and sagging. I mostly spend money on Thai herbal face creams (which are very cheap, mind you), a lip tint and an eye liner (but only if the one I'm currently using accidentally gets lost).

12. Arajoo

ArajooNew Member

Threads:
    Face makeup will definitely be my number one. Yes maybe I spend too much foundations but for a good makeup look you need a good canvass. I venture out from powder foundations to cream and liquid. I also tried natural mineral makeup (but indeed expensive). My current obsession right now are korean bb and cc creams. Foundations are getting better and better.
    My favorite brand with the usual cosmetics are Revlon and Maybelline but with korean brands it will be Etude House.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always spend more money on a foundation to get a good color and for the quality of coverage. In general I spend more on skincare rather than cosmetics, but will invest in a good concealer and also mascara as the quality makes a difference to its staying power. I spend less on pencils and lipglosses as I go for the colors rather than the quality as I like to mix colors too.

14. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    Black Opal cosmetics. They are the brand that i connect with on a personal level and i find all the things there that works for me.

15. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    without a doubt I nearly always spend the most money on foundation and face moisturizers. I have sensitive skin and there are only certain products that work for me that don't cause me irritation -- and they are typically a bit more expensive.

16. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I spend most of my money on moisturiser. My skin gets dry very fast, even in summer. Hence, I do not mind applying a handsome amount of it on my self. My favourite moisturiser is nivea.

17. lucyarty

lucyartyMember

Threads:
    I came here to say foundation as well! Foundation in particular can look really bad if it's not good quality and matched to your skin, in my experience. I once on a whim sampled some liquid foundation from The Body Shop and realised it was SO much better than the stuff I used to get; now I buy it all the time, even though it's about twice the price of the old stuff. It takes me a while to get through it, though, so it's not like I throw money at it or anything.

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use foundation, only face powder, so needless to say I spend little to no money on cosmetics. I get pimples anyway when I use powder often, so I'd stick with just putting powder than putting on foundation.

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to say I'm a beauty product junkie and spend a lot of money on anything that goes on my face. My husband will probably say I spend way too much money on skincare. From foundation to face wash, sunscreen to moisturiser; I much prefer the more expensive brands. As someone who has suffered with acne an very uneven skin tone, I have over the years found many little gems which cost a pretty penny but do the job in maintaining my skin. The best foundation I've found so far is my YSL Touche Eclat, but at around £28 I don't think it's all that expensive.