What day do you usually go to the movies?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Miaka_M • May 20, 2014.

1. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I know that Saturdays are the most ideal days to go to the movies because its a weekend and a majority of people are off work and relaxing looking for something fun to to. Here in Toronto (not sure about other places) our cinemas offer a cheaper ticket rate on Tuesdays. Its pretty much half the price and if you're a member (which I am) you can get an extra 10% off! With that being said, I usually go on Tuesdays. When do you normally go and does your cinema offer cheaper rates on certain days?

2. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I havent been to the movies in a while but I plan to go see Godzilla this week. I like to go on the weekends because thats the only time available usually for me to go. Saving the money is not a priority so the discounts do not matter much. Unless its a concession stand coupon, I hardly care. Even then, most of them arent that great. I always buy a lot of food, so money is pent either way. I expect to spend 30-40 when I go.

3. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    My wife and I always go to the movies on Tuesdays. Tuesdays have the $5 ticket deals. Tuesdays tend to have the best deals in a lot of places I go. I am also bringing my whole family to watch the new Godzilla movie. We have been waiting for this movie for over a decade. I little nephew is very excited!

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    These days, I usually DON'T go to the movies. I wait to watch movies online. Eventually, most of them end up on YouTube or some other site that offers free movies.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    I hardly ever go to the movies these days. I just don't have the time or the money. Back when I would go check out a film by myself, I preferred going in the middle of the day on Sunday. The tickets were cheaper, there were fewer people in the theater, and you still had the rest of the day to do whatever.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to go any day during weekdays except of course, during Fridays. I avoid going to movies during weekends because I don't want go with a lot of crowds and also it's harder during this time that it's not easy to get a good seat, unlike during weekdays.

7. silentrascal

silentrascalNew Member

Threads:
    The day I go to the movies varies, depending on my interest level in it. For example, with "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Man of Steel", I went to the first showing at midnight the day of their release. My anticipation of them was so high I wanted to see them as soon as possible. Sometimes it's just a lot of fun to be able to do that, especially with a packed theater of others also dying to see it. For others, it kind of depends on what my plans are over the weekend. If I can go to an early matinee on Saturday or Sunday, I'll do it. Or, if I happen to have a Tuesday free (our local theater offers discounted tickets all day on Tuesdays) I'll try and get out there then. But Friday nights, or weekends after 6:00 aren't good pricewise as those are the most expensive times to go. Tonight being Monday, I may go and see the new Transformers movie, or I can hold off til Wednesday or so. I like those movies and enjoy going to see them on the big screen, but I don't feel the big need to see them ASAP.

8. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I go to the movies during the Wednesday or Thursday and it's always the first showing in the afternoon. The prices are very cheap and I am not annoyed with a large crowd around me. I find a less full theatre more relaxing then a rambunctious audience. And as I stated in another post, I am all about being cost effective in today's economy. So in my town I opt for those 2 days at a price of $4.00. In my opinion you can't beat it.

9. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I think the best days to go to the movies are Wednesdays and Saturdays. I like to go to the cinemas in the middle of the week because it's nice and empty. I like to have a homely feel when I'm watching a movie so and empty cinema does this for me. I also go to watch movies on weekends because that is the best time for me and my friends to hang around and go and watch a movie together. Nothing beats hanging out with your friends and watching the great movie.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try to go as much as possible on weekday afternoons because they are when theaters are least packed and they even barely have any people watching in them during these times. Unfortunately, I am the only one among my circle of friends who works from home and has a flexible schedule, so I'm more often just forced to go on weekends anyway. Still, on a few rare occasions that I feel up to it, I'd go to the movies alone about once or twice a year and enjoy the comfort of having the cinema all to myself for a couple of hours. My friends don't know what they are missing.

11. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    While I haven't really gone out to the movies in a while since I'm a bit broke at the moment, it's usually a Friday/Saturday night when I go out. I've tried to get into the habit of going out on Wednesdays because there's a deal on with the Orange Network that you can get two for one tickets.

12. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I don't go to the movies often but when I do, I try to stay away from big crowds. I don't like fighting for a seat. The last movie I went to, I took my daughter to see Frozen. It had already been out for weeks by that point so we went on a weekday (I think, Oh yes we did! I thought it was a no school day and I felt like an idiot the next day when I realized it was a school day. The Calendar set me up!), it was a mommy-daughter date, a wonderful time for both of us. We were the only ones in the theater. It was her first time at the movies and I was so thrilled when I realized this is one of the best movie experiences I've ever had, so it's perfect for a newbie. Mommy-daughter bonding time.. Yeah!!! :) I more or less will chose to go when I know a lot of people aren't there. I don't like waiting in long lines when the movie is going to start any minute. I like relaxation so I strive for that as best I can. :)

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can never go to the movies on week days. Many times me and my coworkers tried to schedule a Wednesday (when it's cheaper) to go to the movies but we never can all get out at the same time so it never works! Saturdays and Sundays are the days I can usually go to the movies with friends, but I don't go to the movies as much anymore. Maybe once a month.

14. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live the movies are really expensive like 10 per person not including the drinks and snacks we have. So on thursdays and Saturdays are the 2 special days where the tickets are halfprice before 6 oclock. So I usually watch the movies I like on these times and days

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the movies very often. When I do go, I go on Tuesdays. The movie theater near me has $7 Tuesdays. Sadly, I can remember when it cost $7 to see a movie in the evening. It's just cheaper to watch movies via streaming services like Neflix or Amazon.

16. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely go to the movies nowadays but whenever i do, it always happens on the weekends because i have the weekends off as well as my friends whom i normally do the movies together with. Like i said, it's rare that i spend money on the movies because mostly the movies that came out lately are bad so it's always 'i'm not interested enough to spend money on it but a bit curious enough to watch it online' kind of thing for me.

17. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Where I live, we get a huge discounts on Wednesdays. Hence, whenever I get an opportunity I usually prefer to go on Wednesdays. But most of the time, I will be busy on Wednesdays and I end up going on Saturdays. Even though the price is quite high weekends, I have no other choice.

18. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    Here there are 2 discount days, Wednesday and Thursday. One is a student day and one is a ladies day. When I was a student we used to go a lot on Wednesday because it was also my partner's day off. But now his day off is Tuesday so that's the day we go, or we can go on Saturdays and Sundays after he gets home from work. But we prefer Tuesday because it's less full on that day. Specially for family movies. We enjoy watching animated movies but prefer to catch the latest screening on a Tuesday so there aren't any kids there.

19. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Well I used to go on Wednesday due to the orange Wednesday deal. Now however I just go Saturdays, or sometimes Sundays. I don't have the motivation to go in the week anymore, and I like to make a day of it so it has to be on the weekends for me.

20. TheKid

TheKidNew Member

Threads:
    Thursday is my favorite because then the weekend is close and everyone wants to do something but they don't want to go to a club on Thursday, so it's a great time to go and see a movie.