What do you buy and do for Easter?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by mistymi • Mar 31, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm boring and don't buy anything special. Usually Peeps and other typical Easter candy. I don't ever buy or receive Easter gifts. It's just something I never do.

Easter has never been that important to me because I'm not very religious, so I usually stay at home. Egg hunts and candy are the only celebrating I've done. :rolleyes:

2. Skroozey

SkroozeyNew Member

Threads:
    I eat easter eggs of course! They may be overpriced as chocolate but the shape and shiny wrapping is too much for me to resist! Also it's amazing when you get a little treat on the inside! I don't think I've ever been on a egg hunt before, I'm kind of jealous of you now. Would it be weird to do it as an adult? :) When I was younger I would always get a bunch of different eggs, but as I grew that turned to one egg and money as a gift. Now no one gets me anything :(

3. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    We usually make small Easter baskets with the typical stuff (chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, etc) and dye eggs. We usually pick out one gift for each other as well, but nothing big. Clothes are the staples of our Easter gifts. It's a pretty relaxed holiday around here.

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Usually for Easter we buy chocolates for the kids, small eggs or other chocolate easter things. We have almost 10 kids in the family, so it's an expense! Other than that we just have Easter lunch, but luckily it's on my parents or in-laws, I am not the one buying that lunch just yet. ;)

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    My family goes to two Easter dinners and egg hunts with each side of our families. My husband and I also make up baskets for our three kids along with our egg coloring family time. Oh yeah, the last few years, we've added in some community events to our plate. We do go to church and just have a good time of celebrating.

6. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    It was always a tradition when I was growing up that the Easter bunny filled our baskets with candy, but always left one little gift that was usually something like a creativity toy. So that is what I've tried to do with my kids as well.

It seems the grandparents have been pretty good about taking care of the candy part, so I don't usually go out and buy much for that. They also often send a little care package so I include that stuff in the Easter baskets. Then this year both my girls are getting those dumb bracelet looms and my son (who is a toddler) is getting a bunch of little sports balls.

I try to keep it simple, but I also try to make it fun. I didn't spend more than $15 this year on 3 kids.

7. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy anything for Eater. It's a time I spend away from everyone I know to think about my life and the significance of Easter in my life. That shouldn't be misconstrued as a cheap way to save money. It's a habit I formed when a religious person stayed with us and I don't intend to give it up any time soon.

8. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I am not doing anything this Easter I have only bought my daughter gifts, which I have sent her as she won't be here over Easter. I won't be going home over Easter so it will just be a quiet one. It will just be like any other day to be honest I just want Tuesday to roll on and the bank holiday to be over.

9. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    I used to always attend church, every Sunday, and so I would be there for Easter Sunday as well. Now, especially since I have no grandchildren (I'm 61) I don't do anything. Sometimes I think of going to church again, but that's a whole, other topic.

I have friends that do Easter egg-hunts for the kids in the family, I think it's great:) I remember when I was little, my folks would always have a basket sneaked in by our bed, to wake up to in the a.m. Then there were eggs hidden all over our yard. The neighbor kids were invited and we did have some great times. Oh, and how could I forget the fun we had coloring the eggs. That was so much fun! Remember the little coloring kits you could buy? I also liked to "try" to be creative and I would end up with the most horrible color of green you can imagine;), sometimes even a worse color;)

Denise

10. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Just Easter Eggs really, maybe some random sweets here and there. Mostly my parents are the ones doing the buying though and they go all out and get us a ton of eggs, so we end up with like, a month's worth of chocolate each.

11. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I buy the children eggs, an outfit and a toy. We go to mass in the morning because we are Catholic. My sister and I go to my mum an dad's house with our partners and children for a turkey dinner, a bit like Christmas