What do you buy online?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Kaybee517 • Aug 14, 2012.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Do you do your shopping online? If so what type of items/services do you often use?
    I'm not a huge shopper however when online ordering became the standard for people as an alternative option, one Christmas I did all my shopping online. I love the experience so much, if I can find an item online I want at the right price and free or low cost shipping, I'll order online. I've ordered a variety of stuff online. I made a list of things I've ordered in the past. If you made a list of 10 things, what would it look like?
    1. shoes
    2. clothes
    3. flowers
    4. TV
    5. Ear buds
    6. CDs/DVDs
    7. LivingSocial /Groupon coupons
    8. Rugs
    9. Jewelry
    10. Stationary (wedding stuff)

2. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    I use online shopping. However, I still don't use on a daily basis, but I buy things in online shops that are not available in my city: clothes, music, movies, DVDs, books and some electronic items. That is so far my experience. Perhaps in a future I expand the catalog of my online shopping, but for now I will continue doing it the traditional way. So far I have had good results in that sense, I can't complain. :D

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I tend to go for gift purchases online - flowers, personalised gifts, gadgets, that sort of thing. I also buy books, DVDs and printer inks online, because invariably I can get a much better deal that way, and many sites offer free shipping. That's always an attraction. Another thing I tend to buy online is magazine subscriptions - there are always great deals to be had, whether I'm buying for myself or for gifts.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I usually shop for fashion accessories and other gadget accessories online. I tend to find a cheaper deal online sometimes especially with coupons! Other than these, I only buy in regular stores.

5. melissa

melissaMember

Threads:
    Everything and anything lol. I actually do all of my shopping online as I find the best deals. The only thing I dont do online is grocery shopping ;) I also love doing holiday shopping online because not only can I get things at a cheaper price and beat the line ups, but i can get people unusual things they cant find in stores.

6. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Absolutely everything. I have even started doing my groceries online as well so don't actually have to spend time walking around shops. It's easier to shop for deals and promotions online and it saves on fuel, travelling anywhere. No wonder our high street shops are failing.. they need to come around to the new age and stop wasting space.

7. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer doing my purchases in person. I have bought e-books online in the past but I was very disappointed in the content. It was never worthwhile. I also bought my aunt a solar powered pedometer via bid-or-buy for R76 and the other thing I bought online was an airline ticket to Edinburgh, Scotland about a decade ago. Now, I really do think that it is best to buy in person.

8. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Everything! I've bought clothes (sweaters, t-shirts, jeans, shoes, etc), accessories (watches, shades, etc), gadgets and things for my laptop, a tablet, accessories for my phone, equipment for my guitar... a lot of stuff!

9. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    I have been buying things online. Initially, I was little apprehensive but when things that got delivered were of better quality then I got the confidence. Usually I don't buy eating products , clothes or shoes online. As I think I need to wear them & check their fitting. The things that usually go for are books, CDs, sometimes have also bought few good bookshelves and also few gardening products.

10. dvharris

dvharrisMember

Threads:
    I just recently bought furniture from wal-mart using the online store. I have decorated my child's room from online stores. I have bought toy chests, book cases, clothes, tables and now a bed and a dresser. I dont' think I ll be buying clothes from the net again since it was the wrong fit. I enjoy buying from wal mart havent had any problems buying from there .

11. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I got all of my kids school shoes on Amazon from Stride Rite. When I think of little things here and there I order them from Amazon. I love the Premier account.

12. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    The last item I bought online was the new football jersey of FC Barcelona. I got it for $66. :D

13. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Over the past couple of years, I've noticed that most of my shopping has easily transitioned to online. I think I've purchased one book at a bookstore in the past two years. I've purchased one movie in the past four years at a store. All of my bullion I buy online, majority of my clothes will be bought online now and even electronics I'm considering purchasing online.

The only thing I don't buy online is food, obviously.

14. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase beauty products from drugstore.com. Sometimes I will also buy domain names and other website stuff like hosting or traffic.

15. derpybird

derpybirdMember

Threads:
    I use toothbrushes that need replacement heads and they are expensive at the drug store and I can find them cheaper online. I buys books and some electronic goods online as well. The things I purchase most are vitamins and supplements. I buy them much cheaper on line and the selection from the sites that specialize in supplements is so much better than the limited selection I find in stores. I do buy clothes occasionally for my boys, however, buying pants is tricky, but tshirts and hoodies usually fit well.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like to buy online unless I can't find the item at my local store. So what I usually buy online are books, cellphone batteries, and cellphones that have been discontinued by the manufacturer. But I do research first the feedback of the buyer before I buy on Ebay, or the compare prices first if I buy in an online store by a known retail company.

17. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    The last item I bought (or rather won in an auction) was a Texas Instruments 83 Plus Calculator. I need one for college, and got it online for a rather cheap price. Book store wants $100 for it. I got mine for under $50.

18. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    There's a lot of things that I buy online. Mainly pet supplies and merchandise from series that I love (Harry Potter and Lost, plus I plan on buying some Hunger Games things). I've bought loads of Harry Potter merchandise online - robes, sweater, glasses, scar tattoos, scarf, prefect pin, locket, coffee mug, banner, socks, tie, three wands, and more!

19. Akiyama

AkiyamaNew Member

Threads:
    Most of my online shopping comes from either ebay or Amazon. Usually I go there to purchase either movies or games, since I find really great deals online compared to retail stores. Im a bit of a retro fiend so most of my purchases involve things like super nintendo games, nintendo 64, or other things hard to find yet still really cheap right now.

20. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    i would love to buy shoes , clothes online :mad: