What do you consider to be the "best" deal you've ever had.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by richc3 • Jun 24, 2014.

1. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    Let's be honest, the majority of us on here are always looking out for a good deal. Whether it be created through some extreme couponing, vigilant eyes, or something else, I'm sure we've found some great buys that anyone would have loved to get their hands on.

What stands out to you as some of the best deal(s) you've ever found?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My "best deal" is a bit unexpected, because got sent 2 cellphone batteries twice, because after 2 months the 1st one did not arrive. So when I messaged the seller that I did not receive the 1st one, she sent me another battery again. I got to receive the 1st one after 3 months, and the 2nd one arrived like after a week later. So that is my "best deal" ever, since I got an item for free unexpectedly and unintentionally.

3. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    One of my favorites is getting the complete Rock Band set for the Wii when it came out. That's the game, guitar, microphone, and drums. It sold for about $120, maybe more, before tax. I had a good stockpile of coupons and promotions. I walked out the store with it having only paid ~$90. After tax.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best deal I ever got was when I got some software free. I'd been using the demo version of the software whose functionality was limited then one day when I visited the site I found that they were offering free downloads for "pro" versions of the software that week. Man, did I hesitate!

That was the best deal I've got so far.

5. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    I am a coupon collector, and I had been grabbing a few Laughing Cow cheese coupons every time I went to Walmart for some time, in hopes of using them at a time and place when the cheese went on sale so that I could get the best deal possible. Then one day at Walgreens, they marked down all their Laughing Cow cheese to 94 cents. I had eight "buy 2 get $1 off" coupons, so I bought 16 cheeses at 44 cents each. These cheeses usually go for $2.79 and up, so this is a savings of about 82 percent!

I also have lots of free mouth wash, toothpaste, and toothbrushes in my cupboards. It's not at all hard to get those things for free if you pay attention to the drugstore offers and clip coupons.

6. Ojunsx

OjunsxNew Member

Threads:
    I can't remember any particular deal that strikes me as the "best one". I do however know that I have made a lot of good deals in the past, both in online trading and in "regular purchases".

The best deals I've found are probably on the second hand market, I've found extremely good looking clothes/furniture/etc for VERY good prices, sometimes I had to look twice to see that it didn't have any holes hidden around anywhere, because the price was just unbelievably good.
    Another thing worth mentioning, is that any money that I earn online, or that I find on the street, feels like "free money", so anything that I buy for these "free money" feels like I've just gotten something for free. I've gotten a few books and all from things like these, and those really feels like the best deals ever, because they're free. Even though they're not...

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I just got a great deal last week on he new bluetooth headphones that go sit on your neck for and plug in your ears on ebay for 6.00. When in the att stop or shall I say mobile stores they are listed for 80.00. I just go them the weekend and I can say I really enjoy them

8. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    When Verizon lowered my cellphone bill! I was paying about $120 a month for just me, myself, and I. I finally called and called and said I was thinking of switching to AT&T, and now I get unlimited talk, text, and 2gb of data (which I don't come CLOSE to using), for only $69 a month.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    This deal was rather random and not something I had to work for but I received a free ipod once. I was shopping at a small electronics store around the holidays and the customer service was awful. I bought two iPods and when the associate (owner?) rang me up he threw in an extra iPod for free due to the crappy service I received. I tried to give it back to him, it made me pretty uncomfortable, but he wouldn't take it. I needed a new iPod at the time so it was really perfect timing.

10. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I have had so many great deals that it isn't funny. However, I have one that always sticks with me that I use to get people to really look for great deals. I am a thrift store shopper. I can get nice clothes to replace my wardrobe for nearly half of what I would spend at a clothing store. However, where I lived we had this huge very nice thrift store. I had been there before and always found a deal. But this time, I found the best deal ever.

I found a pair of cute designer jeans. They had flared bottoms, material that would stick to your curves, rhinestone american flag on the butt, and a size 7. It was just my size and they were beautiful. I went to check the tag and saw the store tag was still on them. The original store tag said $90. The thrift store tag said $7. I got a brand new name brand pair of pants for $7!